White Sox sign Cuban RHP Yosimar Cousin

Sleepy Harold

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

MLB deal is interesting - assume that means Sox need to carry him on 40 man, right?  Doesn't look like he has pitched in a couple years after defecting.  

I assume he’d need a 40 man spot since it’s an MLB deal.  

Since the catch all got deleted, also looks like Sox signed Lucas Farrell to milb deal today per their transactions page.  Has 69 career MLB appearances with Rangers, Cubs, Reds, Twins and Royals over the last half decade.  Has appeared in MLB every season since 2017.

Luke Farrell Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More | Baseball-Reference.com

Edited by ChiSox59

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

They only have for him 2 years then? He doesn’t have the full 6 years of control or whatever it usually is? Kind of a strange contract structure.

I assume he'll still be under control for 6 years, like Abreu was.

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

They only have for him 2 years then? He doesn’t have the full 6 years of control or whatever it usually is? Kind of a strange contract structure.

Maybe they feel if things don't work out everyone of the "core" group will either be traded or will have left in free agency in two years?

2 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

It’s a 2 year guaranteed deal, but I believe he’d still be under team control with only 2 years of service time.  

6 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

In case anyone was wondering

I figured with him being 25 it wouldn’t count against their pool.  Wasn’t sure how his deal would work as to sending him to Charlotte or AZ to tune up or what.  Good to know.