Phillies at White Sox GM 3 Serieswinner of Doom (Clevinger vs. Walker)

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Did the stories ever come out that some here said would be revealed when he left about how awful of a teammate he was?....never saw them if they did.

I dunno, I just want to see him do good.

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It's an organizational problem. 

I feel like they don't teach or preach those things in development. And the FO doesn't really care for it either. How many guys do we have that are juiced on raw power and talent but swing at endless bad pitches? Even a guy like Eloy, who has a very good hit tool, is being limited by his inability to lay off bad pitches. 

As long as our guys keep swinging at pitches out of the strike zone, that’s all they’re going to see, take walks and force the pitcher to throw balls in the zone.

3 minutes ago, T R U said:

Checked in on the Cubs game, Nick Madrigal playing 3B for them and hitting .333 so far.

Cubs have a much better team now than the Sox. Besides Madrigal, they added Swanson, Bellinger, Mancini, Hosmer, and Susuki from Japan.  Hoerner, Happ and Wisdom doing great.  Rick Hahn not doing great with our additions.  Adding insult to injury.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Cubs have a much better team now than the Sox. Besides Madrigal, they added Swanson, Bellinger, Mancini, Hosmer, and Susuki from Japan.  Hoerner, Happ and Wisdom doing great.  Rick Hahn not doing great with our additions.  Adding insult to injury.

Too bad we couldn't trade for Happ at the deadline last year. Would have been munch better commitment than Beninslappy

5 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

And their starting pitching is going to be very good

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Especially if Vera was the main piece, as he looks like a colossal disappointment 

Definitely, but maybe they weren't really serious about trading him anyways since they didn't.

Just a few thoughts...

Well...at least they weren't swept. LOL (of course they have also yet to win a series and are now already five under...)

Banks fits right in with this garbage bullpen that Hahn has spent the most money in MLB on. (Not saying Banks is making a lot just that he's ineffective just like all the others)

I'd be shocked if the Sox win any of the next three series. By the time May starts they'll be nine under, seven back and fans will be writing them off in droves. (Only around 10 thousand today on what looked like a very nice day.)

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Are there any members of this White Sox ownership group who are bothered by this mess? It just doesn't seem to ever get any better and I'm tired of it!

• Like 2

Long time reader, first time poster. We've been through some frustrating seasons, but for me this one takes the cake as far as the first quarter of the season goes. So many things to complain about. I have been to a handful of games so far and am truly dumbfounded how many mental mistakes our guys are making. Simple fundamentals of the game got us looking like a high school team. Defense sucks w/ numerous missed assignments and errors on routine plays. There are no words to describe our bullpen other than absolutely pathetic. 

On the offensive side of the ball, when the hell is the hitting coach going to teach them to shorten the strike zone and force pitchers to, ya know, pitch? It's an area you fail more times than not, but good lord we take massive cuts on ugly pitches. 

While this post surely doesn't seem like it, I generally look towards the positive, but there just isn't much to be happy about.

Swore I'd never post, but this club has me reeling...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Hawk 1

32 minutes ago, wegner said:

What is all the complaining about?  Pedro's club has not been swept in any series so far this season...

image.jpeg

That's something this jabroni would say... 29 other orgs would have fired this clown a long time ago

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Just a few thoughts...

Well...at least they weren't swept. LOL (of course they have also yet to win a series and are now already five under...)

Banks fits right in with this garbage bullpen that Hahn has spent the most money in MLB on. (Not saying Banks is making a lot just that he's ineffective just like all the others)

I'd be shocked if the Sox win any of the next three series. By the time May starts they'll be nine under, seven back and fans will be writing them off in droves. (Only around 10 thousand today on what looked like a very nice day.)

Even if they were winning, I doubt they would get much of a crowd on a Wednesday afternoon in April.  However, the way things are going and they are just not a very fun team to watch, that ballpark is going to be a tomb for most of the season, except on fireworks and cool giveaway games.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Colas the latest below replacement player prospect in a long Sox tradition.

eh, look at Moncadas stats his first couple months on the Sox. Colas should be given every opportunity to figure s%*# out

5 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Are there any members of this White Sox ownership group who are bothered by this mess? It just doesn't seem to ever get any better and I'm tired of it!

All the remaining members of the board of directors (the Sox media guide lists six names) are all roughly his age. Like JR as long as they are making money I'm guessing they don't care.

It doesn't matter anyway if they do, they literally have no power, no say in the operations. 

8 minutes ago, Saufley said:

There all walking corpses

56 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

These comments about sums it up. Not even into May and I'm watching like 3 innings, watch the same bs happening every time, then become dis-interested and go do something else. This organization is lost, and the worst part is they don't even know it.

37 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

The Cubs are a great watch right now

38 minutes ago, hankchifan said: