Phillies at White Sox GM 3 Serieswinner of Doom (Clevinger vs. Walker)

8 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

eh, look at Moncadas stats his first couple months on the Sox. Colas should be given every opportunity to figure s%*# out

Plus, both the 2017 and 2023 White Sox are in equal positions where they don't expect to win and are just hoping for a high draft pick so it's totally ok if they lose while a couple of rookies develop. 

Why isn’t anyone saying that it is way too early to panic and we have plenty of time to turn it around? That is the normal comment about  how we are playing right now. Too small a sample for us to judge this team. We’ll start hitting when the weather warms up, and when everyone gets healthy and when our manager gets a few more games under his belt, and Hahn brings in a couple of players that can help us or for Jerry to die or sell the team. 

Edited by Thesieve30
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Thesieve30 said:

Why isn’t anyone saying that it is way too early to panic and we have plenty of time to turn it around? That is the normal comment anout how we are playing right now. Too small a sample for us to judge this team. Wait till the weather warms up, and when everyone gets healthy and when our manager gets a few more games under his belt, and Hahn brings in a couple of players that can help us or for Jerry to die or sell the team. 

Because it seems like it’s the same crap as last year.

We have players that refuse to do the little things to win ballgames.

This started after the All Star game in 2021 and you just can’t put lipstick on a pig.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Cubs are on the upswing, we OTOH are spiraling down

Nothing angers me more than the Cubs now about to go 11-6 today and off to a good start. Plus they have the #12 ranked farm system.

There was a time only a few years ago where most Cubs fans were so jealous of the White Sox direction upwards and the Cubs going downhill. Funny how things change drastically in a few years.  

• Like 1

The feeling I get with this Sox team is last night was one of those 60 u will win no matter what in a season. We lose so much that I have to believe this is one of the Sox most putrid teams in a good while.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Nothing angers me more than the Cubs now about to go 11-6 today and off to a good start. Plus they have the #12 ranked farm system.

There was a time only a few years ago where most Cubs fans were so jealous of the White Sox direction upwards and the Cubs going downhill. Funny how things change drastically in a few years.  

I wrote this before, I liked what the Cubs did this off season... a LOT like what the Sox did right before 2005. They brought in a number of guys (I think it's like nine or 10) with solid MLB experience and resumes. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Whooooo cares.  Take it to CubsTalk.  

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Whooooo cares.  Take it to CubsTalk.  

Alrighty then, I didn't know we were here to defend the Cubs or were not allowed to say anything frustrating about our feelings towards the north side team. I'm so glad you cleared that up for me. My bad, I guess I need to go find that talk room you seem to like called "Cubs&SoxTalk...we love them both!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

it won't be difficult to stay away from the ballpark until the weather is absolutely perfect

When the weather is absolutely perfect, if things don't change on the southside, I'll rather mow my lawn.

Edited by Saufley
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Slayer12 said:

Long time reader, first time poster. We've been through some frustrating seasons, but for me this one takes the cake as far as the first quarter of the season goes. So many things to complain about. I have been to a handful of games so far and am truly dumbfounded how many mental mistakes our guys are making. Simple fundamentals of the game got us looking like a high school team. Defense sucks w/ numerous missed assignments and errors on routine plays. There are no words to describe our bullpen other than absolutely pathetic. 

On the offensive side of the ball, when the hell is the hitting coach going to teach them to shorten the strike zone and force pitchers to, ya know, pitch? It's an area you fail more times than not, but good lord we take massive cuts on ugly pitches. 

While this post surely doesn't seem like it, I generally look towards the positive, but there just isn't much to be happy about.

Swore I'd never post, but this club has me reeling...

Well said and great first post!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Who.  Fucking.  Cares. 

• Fire 1

37 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

If we get killed in the next two road series with TB and Toronto perhaps they go 2-4 or 1-5 on top of this 7-12 start, when TB comes to town in that 4 game series, who says the Sox even draw 10K.

They'll draw OK on the nights there are deals. Do the Sox have any nights there's free parking and one dollar dogs? Those nights are the only ones they'll sniff 20,000 fans. Cept for the Yanks, Bosox.