Sox @ Rays: 540CT - Kopech vs. Faucher: The Turnaround Starts Now

ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

A manager is obviously a much more important person than the bench coach. Plus who knows how much if any Pedro listens to his coaches.

My only point was people are complaining how Grifol has turned out to be a poor choice and rightfully so. My only point was look at the path Hahn took interviewing a coach that his own team didn't want. 

I think it was a case of the Royals having new people running their baseball ops department and wanting to get some outside voices instead of hiring within. I don’t read too much into them passing him over. 

I’m not sold on Grifol, but I’m not writing him off either. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

I think it was a case of the Royals having new people running their baseball ops department and wanting to get some outside voices instead of hiring within. I don’t read too much into them passing him over. 

You probably are right, but every time something doesn't work for the Sox, it keeps rearing it's ugly head back to the decisions Rick Hahn made. When a person fails often enough at their job, it's usually safe bet to assume they judgment and decision making process is seriously flawed.

1 hour ago, Pale Sox said:

The bench coach who preceded Quatraro in TB is currently our bench coach. I’m not sure how much that matters. 

That would be Charlie Montoyo who also managed the Blue Jays, the Sox probably hired him as an insurance policy if Grifol turned out to be a complete disaster. I’m not blaming Grifol yet, he’s got a roster full of un-inspired  under performing stiffs. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Your key point here is how this dysfunctional organization doesn't give a crap about their fans. Yet the Sox fans over the years give a major crap about their team and might be some of the most loyal fan bases in baseball, considering the crap and results the Sox owner and FO put on the field for their fans.

I get in pro team sports not all GM's will be successful. An owner makes a choice on his GM and sometimes it doesn't work out. However those owners in all four sports usually do the smart and logical next step, which is to fire their loser GM and find a new one. Yet our loyal Sox fans have the worst owner in all of sports and they are constantly and blatantly screwed for being a loyal Sox fan and hoping for change...just because they have no control and its not happening under the POS Jerry Reinsdorf. Yet the Sox fans keep coming back and pouring money into this horsesh*t dysfunctional owner's team.

And yet, it’s each Sox fans’ choice to pour money into the team. I pay for cable and get at least 15 tickets for a group outing to celebrate my birthday. My desire to go to other games depends on their performance. If any of you are fans that are unhappy with ownership, the FO or the results on the field, don’t buy tickets, memorabilia, etc and don’t show up. It seems like we all will watch the games or listen to the radio to a certain extent. But stop supporting financially if you or others don’t approve of management of results.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You may get that at the trade deadline but I preferred getting younger during the last few off seasons mainly because the writing was on the wall already that the rebuild was unsuccessful even though I maintained optimism that some of these guys could stay on the field and live up to there earlier press clippings.

I remember where you stood the last couple of off seasons and at least you had analysis about what you wanted to see and why instead of bitching about the problem. I hoped that the Sox would perform like their baseball cards and I still remain optimistic, but I do think further change is needed to make things work. They may need to trade someone good to get better at an area of need. We should know more by the deadline unless Hahn does a weird Diekman trade or stands pat.

35 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

This is where I am at too. He hasn’t even gone through one season and already people are bitching. He’s got a ball club without Anderson, Moncada or Hendriks right now. Imagine how the year would have started with everyone, including Hendriks.

• Like 2