Sox sign Stephen Piscotty to MiLB Deal

Bob Sacamano

Another example of spending money on flotsam and jetsam but when it comes to bringing in a real difference maker, a top of the line player...the Sox balk at doing that.

And I know Piscotty is probably not getting a lot but my point is Hahn has wasted millions upon millions of dollars on stiffs, has been's, injury prone players and never was's but refuses to bring in top talent with Machado and Harper being two examples.

Can't go there! LOL.

Instead we keep trying to find lightening in a bottle and hope.

Hope is not a winning strategy. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

In reverse?

Kind of like if the needle was stationary and you flicked it, and it moved back and forth in rapid succession and ended up in the exact same spot it started.  It moved like that 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Another example of spending money on flotsam and jetsam but when it comes to bringing in a real difference maker, a top of the line player...the Sox balk at doing that.

And I know Piscotty is probably not getting a lot but my point is Hahn has wasted millions upon millions of dollars on stiffs, has been's, injury prone players and never was's but refuses to bring in top talent with Machado and Harper being two examples.

Can't go there! LOL.

Instead we keep trying to find lightening in a bottle and hope.

Hope is not a winning strategy. 

I wish Piscotty nothing but the best.  If you fail at bringing in top talent—this is the consequence.  This is what happens when top talent doesn’t want to play for you.  Agree—Jerry isn’t willing to offer enough money for the premier talent—but it’s the other way too—money is not enough for the great players to sign and play here.  They will have to way over spend AND convince premier talent to punt on their careers amounting to much.  At least for the first several big name contracts until they find a winning formula and it gets easier to sign guys.  We all know that’s a ship that will never set sail with this owner/front office.  

1 hour ago, FT35 said:

I wish Piscotty nothing but the best.  If you fail at bringing in top talent—this is the consequence.  This is what happens when top talent doesn’t want to play for you.  Agree—Jerry isn’t willing to offer enough money for the premier talent—but it’s the other way too—money is not enough for the great players to sign and play here.  They will have to way over spend AND convince premier talent to punt on their careers amounting to much.  At least for the first several big name contracts until they find a winning formula and it gets easier to sign guys.  We all know that’s a ship that will never set sail with this owner/front office.  

Gonna get worse.

10 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Let’s not get carried away with the negative things. The signing is a minor league deal aimed at improving Charlotte. Nothing wrong with it at all 

Whether Charlotte is improved or not has little to do with the issues the Major league club is having. As myself and others have stated more trash, more wasted money, more giving reps to over the hill guys who have no value moving forward. Give those at bats to a kid in the system who actually may do something for you moving forward. But the Sox minor league system is so destitute they can't even do that. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Whether Charlotte is improved or not has little to do with the issues the Major league club is having. As myself and others have stated more trash, more wasted money, more giving reps to over the hill guys who have no value moving forward. Give those at bats to a kid in the system who actually may do something for you moving forward. But the Sox minor league system is so destitute they can't even do that. 

Is there any signing of a player to a minor league contract that we don’t see the negative spin posts? No one knows if it will ever help the Sox or not, but it might and it certainly can help our AAA team compete. We owe Charlotte that much. We can expect to get Anderson and Moncada back soon followed by Hendricks and Crochet. Those additions are like  trades and won’t cost us anything. 

Edited by elrockinMT
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, elrockinMT said:

Is there any signing of a player to a minor league contract that we don’t see the negative spin posts? No one knows if it will ever help the Sox or not, but it might and it certainly can help our AAA team compete. We owe Charlotte that much. We can expect to get Anderson and Moncada back soon followed by Hendricks and Crochet. Those additions are like  trades and won’t cost us anything. 

Tampa Bay currently has three starting pitchers and three of their relievers on the IL, plus they lost the guy drafted right after Burger on top of that. The White Sox have 3 relievers, 2 starting position players, and one backup on the IL. That’s why both of these teams are struggling so badly and why they’re so evenly matched right now, no one could overcome these numbers of injuries.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elrockinMT said:

The only possible hope the Sox have (and you are assuming the usual suspects don't get hurt again) is the fact they are in the worst division in baseball. Even so, no guarantees and if by some miracle they were to get in the playoffs the odds of them doing anything besides showing up are very, very, VERY small. 

I'd also say enjoy those returning guys while you can because there is still a very good chance Hahn has to deal three of them at the deadline and try to sell the fan base on how another rebuild is needed and hey this time it will work out! LOL.

Edited by Lip Man 1

The White Sox made it a double dumpster dive today. According to the MLB Trade Rumors site they signed pitcher Nash Walters to a minor league deal.

He's made one major league appearance, with the Angels last season.

He's recorded one out in his big league career.

The jokes are now writing themselves. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The White Sox made it a double dumpster dive today. According to the MLB Trade Rumors site they signed pitcher Nash Walters to a minor league deal.

I’m going to join the crew of not complaining about then adding players to Charlotte, that’s normal and it’s good for them to have veterans and win ballgames. There’s nothing abnormal about that.

It’s the idea that the White Sox are unusually weak or banged up that has bothered me for a couple years now because it’s never been true. It just seems like it because of the lack of depth.

Guys like this are fine to help in the minors. That doesn’t excuse the big league mess.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Nash Walters? Is that the one with Don Johnson?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I’m going to join the crew of not complaining about then adding players to Charlotte, that’s normal and it’s good for them to have veterans and win ballgames. There’s nothing abnormal about that.

It’s the idea that the White Sox are unusually weak or banged up that has bothered me for a couple years now because it’s never been true. It just seems like it because of the lack of depth.

Guys like this are fine to help in the minors. That doesn’t excuse the big league mess.

Piscotty is not signing with the White Sox if the plan is to spend the season in Charlotte.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Piscotty is not signing with the White Sox if the plan is to spend the season in Charlotte.

He was released by the River Rats last month so the Giants gave up on him. I don't think he had a lot of options over the past month but I could be wrong. 

I will say that as often as we have injuries, it's a great spot for him. I hope he picked up a middle infielder glove on the way. Leury Piscotty to the rescue.