4/23 Games

BamaDoc

32 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’ve noticed the minor league game threads haven’t made it to multiple pages in like a week.  Not much to get excited about across the org right now.

I'm still finding my enjoyment with certain players, but without Montgomery, Ramos, & Schultz it's a bit bare.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, DirtySox said:

I'm still finding my enjoyment with certain players, but without Montgomery, Ramos, & Schultz it's a bit bare.

yeah...for me ...there is just no point. I like the minors in depth because I appreciate how freaking hard it is to get to the majors and I get enjoyment out of the possibility of a guy like Remillard making a day or two up.

But if Colson succeeds and is awesome and comes up and plays on a mid-70 win sox team for his career, I will not enjoy it. I'd rather they trade him and send him to happiness.

Like sometimes people get a great dog, but realize that dog needs what you can't provide them. A yard, love, whatever. Kibble isn't enough. Send them to a farm where they can be happy. 

16 minutes ago, bmags said:

yeah...for me ...there is just no point. I like the minors in depth because I appreciate how freaking hard it is to get to the majors and I get enjoyment out of the possibility of a guy like Remillard making a day or two up.

But if Colson succeeds and is awesome and comes up and plays on a mid-70 win sox team for his career, I will not enjoy it. I'd rather they trade him and send him to happiness.

Like sometimes people get a great dog, but realize that dog needs what you can't provide them. A yard, love, whatever. Kibble isn't enough. Send them to a farm where they can be happy. 

Wait if we're sending them to a farm upstate, shouldn't we keep them on the White Sox?

11 hours ago, bmags said:

This post lacks some logic.  That would be like Veeck era since they couldn't keep a player because of FA.   There's no point in being a fan of a team dumping good players.

12 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

This post lacks some logic.  That would be like Veeck era since they couldn't keep a player because of FA.   There's no point in being a fan of a team dumping good players.

No point in being a fan of a team surrounding good players with 35 year old second baseman who were DFAd.

This will be a dormant period until the team passes hands. As such, best of luck to Colson Montgomery on the Las Vegas As.