2024 - MLB Draft Thread

DirtySox

29 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He has the best chance to be the highest impact player in the draft.  If he's there it's a no brainer.  

I wonder if it would alter the rest of their plan. I doubt Cags takes a discount. 

33 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I think it's changed.  I think they were hoping for a bigger pool of players to chose from but that pool is smaller than expected.  

In later rounds or at 5? 

2 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He has the best chance to be the highest impact player in the draft.  If he's there it's a no brainer.  

If he can hit 30+ bombs from the left side that would be great, but all the value is in the bat.

If he turns out not to be a monster masher due to chase or groundballs or whatever, then you've got nothing to show for the pick.

High risk high reward.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2024 at 8:49 AM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

And this org. certainly needs some impact.  Can't blame him for Burger, Vaughn, etc.

Just none of those pitchers with the first pick.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Seems like it will be one of Cags, Whetherholt or Griffin.

I reckon they take Bazzana or Condon if they fall to them somehow as well.

Edited by DirtySox

For those smarter than me.. In regard to the 2025 DRAFT.. I know the earliest we will pick is 10th (maybe 11th depending on A's)... How does the pool money work in this situation? Assuming we have the worst record, do we still get the #1 pick draft money pool or is it the 10th pick money pool??  My understanding is that post round 1, we would have the first pick in each round.  But is our pool gunna be tied to the 10th pick in the first?   @Y2Jimmy0

25 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

For those smarter than me.. In regard to the 2025 DRAFT.. I know the earliest we will pick is 10th (maybe 11th depending on A's)... How does the pool money work in this situation? Assuming we have the worst record, do we still get the #1 pick draft money pool or is it the 10th pick money pool??  My understanding is that post round 1, we would have the first pick in each round.  But is our pool gunna be tied to the 10th pick in the first?   @Y2Jimmy0

Sox will get slot value for the 10th pick but then slot value for the 1st pick in subsequent rounds.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Pretty sure your pool is just an amalgamation of all your individual pick draft slots added up.  If we pick 10th, we get the 10th slot.  I can't see them having pushed someone to the 10th pick, but still giving them the 1st slot money, otherwise it is kind of meaningless to push them down because they can just load up later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Pretty sure your pool is just an amalgamation of all your individual pick draft slots added up.  If we pick 10th, we get the 10th slot.  I can't see them having pushed someone to the 10th pick, but still giving them the 1st slot money, otherwise it is kind of meaningless to push them down because they can just load up later.

See Giolito when drafted by Wash.

Could be injured top #3-5 value pitcher with TJS.