2024 - MLB Draft Thread

DirtySox

5 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Sox will get slot value for the 10th pick but then slot value for the 1st pick in subsequent rounds.

Well that’s cool… I thought we would get the 10th pick in each round. At least there’s some benefit to being the best at being the worst, even with these horrible competitive balance rules.

9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

That would be a very good pick. Left handed, very good hit and plate discipline, can play second base and has some legit pop (albeit nowhere near as much as Cags), and should contribute soon too. 

The only thing is our staff can't seem to do anything about Moncadas hamstrings so how could we expect them to keep Whetherholts hamstrings healthy?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

That would be a very good pick. Left handed, very good hit and plate discipline, can play second base and has some legit pop (albeit nowhere near as much as Cags), and should contribute soon too. 

The only thing is our staff can't seem to do anything about Moncadas hamstrings so how could we expect them to keep Whetherholts hamstrings healthy?

Different muscular composition, I would imagine.

Just now, oldsox said:

Different muscular composition, I would imagine.

Yeah but the training staff is supposed to put together a maintenance plan specific to each person so stuff like this doesn't become chronic. 

That they have different body types doesn't excuse the training staff from failure.

15 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yeah but the training staff is supposed to put together a maintenance plan specific to each person so stuff like this doesn't become chronic. 

That they have different body types doesn't excuse the training staff from failure.

This is really one of many areas where we’re playing in the sandbox. Need to vastly improve since Herm retired. ?

34 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

FWIW, Carlos Collazo was on the FutureSox Pod with James and Ian and they talked about Cags, he didn't seem to bullish on the idea of shifting him to the outfield.

"We are scared to death of the first base profile"

"Rightfully so"

?

1 hour ago, Sleepy Harold said:

FWIW, Carlos Collazo was on the FutureSox Pod with James and Ian and they talked about Cags, he didn't seem to bullish on the idea of shifting him to the outfield.

So he's our starting RF by this time next year?

• Haha 1
  • TLR 1
  • Paper Bag 1

41 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I wanted to laugh at this, and then I thought of Gavin Sheets, Andrew Vaughn, and Eloy Jimenez being ran into RF and cried a little.

Nicky Delmonico and Daniel Palka walked so they could (attempt to) run.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Padres have SEVEN original/natural SS's in Profar, Merrill, Tatis, Machado, Kim, Bogaerts and Cronenworth..

The White Sox have only Robert with "up the middle capability," caveator emptor being he's not anywhere close to 100%.  Moncada, ONCE UPON A TIME, was considered a generational talent. 

Ofc, the real problem is that you need to combine Baldwin, Jac.Gonzalez, Ramos and Montgomery into ONE PLAYER instead of 3-4 with various flaws/weaknesses.

17 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The Padres have SEVEN original/natural SS's in Profar, Merrill, Tatis, Machado, Kim, Bogaerts and Cronenworth..

The White Sox have only Robert with "up the middle capability," caveator emptor being he's not anywhere close to 100%.  Moncada, ONCE UPON A TIME, was considered a generational talent. 

Ofc, the real problem is that you need to combine Baldwin, Jac.Gonzalez, Ramos and Montgomery into ONE PLAYER instead of 3-4 with various flaws/weaknesses.

s%*#, if we can combine players then Getz might actually get a stew going

27 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

There have been a lot of college 2B overdrafted recently and none have come close to  justifing their draft position.  Will Bazzana and Wetherholt buck that trend.  I have serious doubts.  

But the high first round 1B track record is sparkling in comparison?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

I’m not sure i wouldn’t want the White Sox to make as many trades possible before the MLB draft, if they are able to load up on positional players, then maybe they pick the Arkansas pitcher with their first pick.  Between him and Schultz, that would be one hell of a one two punch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

There have been a lot of college 2B overdrafted recently and none have come close to  justifing their draft position.  Will Bazzana and Wetherholt buck that trend.  I have serious doubts.  

I think Wetherholt can play SS. Changes things. 

13 minutes ago, Johno said:

I’m not sure i wouldn’t want the White Sox to make as many trades possible before the MLB draft, if they are able to load up on positional players, then maybe they pick the Arkansas pitcher with their first pick.  Between him and Schultz, that would be one hell of a one two punch.

They won’t take a pitcher 

3 hours ago, oldsox said:

Cags at the game today.

He was at the Sox game?