GT 4/27: Best Team in Baseball vs. 4th in the AL Central - 6:10 CT

Quin

Just now, almagest said:

The Sox suck right now but man TB is in another world so far. That was a great at bat.

Not to excuse the absolute raw dogging by the Rays, but man is it tough to face them twice in the same week with basically the same pitchers going. 

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

Whole 4 innings logged by Cease. Our starting pitching has been a floating dung pool, causing a ton of other problems.

I understand not making Cease stay out there just to eat up the innings since they might be looking at the trade deadline but if that's the case, why are they bringing in Bummer and not someone whos more of a multi inning guy

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

That's a great question. I read his bio and he seems like a really sharp guy and as you said a nice guy, unlike his father.

I would have no problem and would love if Jonathon ran the White Sox. He has a law degree from Northwestern and an MBA from another school. He has worked in a law firm and as an investment banker in two different large firms. Evidently he got tired of finance and he changed paths and went into real estate. He spent 8 years as a managing partner of Stonegate Development Partners LLC and then recruited away by the Michigan Avenue Real Estate Group. He currently is now managing partner of TripleShot LLC, a specialized software developmental company. In addition he also serves as the CEO of FroogalPay, a virtual payment platform. 

Based on all that above background, he definitely sounds sharp enough and well rounded enough to do a better job than his clueless detached father. I've heard somewhere he isn't interest in the Dad's two sports teams, because if he did, I'm sure he could be involved. That's really too bad actually.

He was telling us about the software c.o and some App they were developing on the tour.  He also brought up the fact that his Dad and everyone spent too much time looking at wind charts to determine ball flight etc when planning the new stadium and their biggest mistake was not taking advantage of the downtown Chicago skyline when they positioned the stadium facing the projects instead of downtown.

I'm not so sure he wouldn't want to run the Sox, but it's just strange that you never hear his name brought up.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
  • Thanks 1

This is a huge loss if they hope to set the record. Cease is about the only one who could single handedly (no pun intended) end the streak with a complete game shut out. 8 and 13 would be his. 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I’m still trying to figure why he was hired to begin with.

Friends and family like most of the former coaching staff. I'm wondering why they kept him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

This is a huge loss if they hope to set the record. Cease is about the only one who could single handedly (no pun intended) end the streak with a complete game shut out. 8 and 13 would be his. 

Giolito has pitched pretty well his last two outings, better than Cease. 

Just now, joejoesox said:

Giolito has pitched pretty well his last two outings, better than Cease. 

Good point. 

My analysis is Cease has the better chance of a complete game shut out. I'm not worried about the offense putting up six or seven runs.