4/28 - Tampa Bay Rays @ Chicago White Sox 6:10 PM CDT, Reinsdorf TV and Berto Radio Network

10 hours ago, baseballgalaly said:

Cease's fastball is down 1.4 mph from 2022 which would likely be a huge red flag for other teams. Idk if they're going to get as much as they would have this winter. 

I know he didn't start today, but just making a comment for the inevitable teardown. 

That's the other thing. What's with all these Sox pitchers losing velocity

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Clint Frazier might be helpful, Shaw has no chance.

Idk. I don’t like Shaw’s chances of contributing much but I think he has a better chance of helping than Frazier. Clint is awful. Terrible hitter. Terrible fielder.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Idk. I don’t like Shaw’s chances of contributing much but I think he has a better chance of helping than Frazier. Clint is awful. Terrible hitter. Terrible fielder.

Well, that’s how bad this organization is that we sign guys like these 2.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JoshPR said:

It's alarming that all five starters have lost velocity from either last year or the last few years. 

It makes you really appreciate the pitchers from the past like Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson and many others ,who could last so many years and kept bringing upper 90's velocity. 

4 hours ago, JoshPR said:

Could it be mechanics? I notice more and more pitchers not following through on their deliveries instead they sort of kick their right foot up in the air right after the delivery. Compare Giolito’s delivery with guys with great mechanics like Seaver and Ryan.

Check out how Gio finishes his delivery with his right leg flying over to his left side, I’m not a pitching coach but it just seems strange, first guy I ever noticed doing this was David Price when he was with the Rays.

https://www.mlb.com/video/lucas-giolito-strikes-out-six-x1999

IMG_0005.jpeg

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Could it be mechanics? I notice more and more pitchers not following through on their deliveries instead they sort of kick their right foot up in the air right after the delivery. Compare Giolito’s delivery with guys with great mechanics like Seaver and Ryan.

Check out how Gio finishes his delivery with his right leg flying over to his left side, I’m not a pitching coach but it just seems strange, first guy I ever noticed doing this was David Price when he was with the Rays.

https://www.mlb.com/video/lucas-giolito-strikes-out-six-x1999

IMG_0005.jpeg

It's to get more velocity. I believe it is one of the core things drive line teaches. I believe it has to do with the arm speed generated by the mechanics they teach.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

It's alarming that all five starters have lost velocity from either last year or the last few years. 

It makes you really appreciate the pitchers from the past like Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson and many others ,who could last so many years and kept bringing upper 90's velocity. 

Verlander and Scherzer...Bartolo Colon for much of his career until becoming a junk baller in 40's. 

• Like 1