5/3- Sox vs Twins, 6:10

flavum

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I'm listening, is it sparse on this cold night? 242,888 / 14 games played through May 2 = 17,349 per game played.

I'm thinking of going tomorrow via Stubhub if Billy Hamilton is in the starting lineup.

And just like that it's a tie ballgame.

I meant attendance right here in the game thread . Only 13 when I last looked. ?

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Maybe Moncada gets it maybe not. It's certainly not a given but nothing wrong with Jakes defense or effort on that. It was double plain and simple.

Not the easiest play, but the ball went right under his glove, on the dive

image.png

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

Not the easiest play, but the ball went right under his glove, on the dive

image.png

Yup and sometimes fly balls go right over your glove. Game of inches, still has nothing to do with his defense. He tried , couldn't get to where he needed to be fast enough. If he's playing 6 inches to his left or 6 inches back he might get it.

Nick Gordon bombs Cease 4-3.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I meant attendance right here in the game thread . Only 13 when I last looked. ?

Got it.

They played 14 home games through Tuesday. You're likely looking at 13 separate gate events, which includes a straight doubleheader to make up the rain out home game against Philadelphia two Mondays ago.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yup and sometimes fly balls go right over your glove. Game of inches, still has nothing to do with his defense. He tried , couldn't get to where he needed to be fast enough. If he's playing 6 inches to his left or 6 inches back he might get it.

Nick Gordon bombs Cease 4-3.

Limited lateral range and quickness... that's the consequence, losing those 50/50 balls other fielders make outs on. 

God I can't stand Grandal. He singlehandedly has turned this game around. Had a guy picked off 1st and couldn't make a throw. Then he calls for a fastball 1st pitch to Buxton. Cost us 3 runs.  Brilliant. I thought Cease looked unhittable in his 1st couple of starts when he was calling his own pitches. Does anyone know why they changed to Grandal calling pitches? And now a butchered passed ball. This guy was the worst waste of a long term deal (other than Kuechel) in recent history. Yeesh.

• Fire 1