According to Rogers, 8 million dollars to spend

Guest wsc425

Guest hotsoxchick1

true enough showtime.. there are alot of s***ty players out there.. but there are a few decient ones too.. and if jr really had an extra 7 or 8 mil to spend then he should put it to use getting us that #2 kw promised he was after............ but of course we know he wont spend it ......were stuck without a #2 and i wouldnt blame the union one bit if they took this all the way up the ladder........jr is a classic example of driving down salaries and they should start with his cheap ass............

Guest hotsoxchick1

i wish rogers would have found this 8 mil a bit eariler .. like before the winter meetings.... then we wouldnt have to hear kw talk s*** about how he only went to tenn with .50, thats why he had to come back empty handed..................your right jr didnt spend that much money when the market was good .... but geez us, hes got almost 8 mil to play with.. he could at least go out and get half a decient guy with it.............lol

Collusion is when all of, or a majority of the owners agree not to spend money, in hopes of driving down salaries. In the 80's the owners got caught. I'm sure it's something you can look up on the net.

There are a number of player agents trying to prove this concept has reared its ugly head again.Hard to disagree.

I am a season ticket holder also but the good thing is I get my season tickets from CITY HALL. It is a shame I waste favors on a team that has the worst owner and management that don't give a rats ass about the team or the fans. Somtimes I wonder why I am still a die hard fan, and why I will continue to be.

I don't give a s*** about Phil f***ing Rogers!!

As long as that frugal f***up Reinsdorf and his Steve Harvey lookalike b**** Kenny Williams are on the job,THIS TEAM WILL NOT WIN A f***ING THING!!

AND I'M A WEEKEND SEASON TICKET HOLDER!!! :angry:  :angry:

Lol...Steve Harvey, that great Reinsdorf.

As long as that frugal f***up Reinsdorf and his Steve Harvey lookalike b**** Kenny Williams are on the job,THIS TEAM WILL NOT WIN A f***ING THING!!

AND I'M A WEEKEND SEASON TICKET HOLDER!!! :angry:  :angry:

Amen to that.

I've come to the same conclusion FRF...... were not going to win with this regime of penny pinching and club-house spying........ just not gonna happen.

On that note, I think we should all just enjoy Sox Baseball and put all the anxiety of actually "winning" on teams who actually have some to lose. For Example The Yankees, a team that will be a total dissapointment if the do not win the WS.

Instead of "WhiteSox Baseball, these kids can play"

it should be "WhitesSox Baseball, we're not gonna pay"

Guest hotsoxchick1

AND I'M A WEEKEND SEASON TICKET HOLDER!!! :angry:  :angry:

Amen to that.

I've come to the same conclusion FRF...... were not going to win with this regime of penny pinching and club-house spying........ just not gonna happen.

On that note, I think we should all just enjoy Sox Baseball and put all the anxiety of actually "winning" on teams who actually have some to lose. For Example The Yankees, a team that will be a total dissapointment if the do not win the WS.

Instead of "WhiteSox Baseball, these kids can play"

it should be "WhitesSox Baseball, we're not gonna pay"

white sox baseball.. "f*** playing lets just sit in the stands and drink beer"..... oh wait we cant use that one cause its the flubbys motto.........hmmm back to the drawing board..........lol

Once again, there is just a lot of s***ty players out there, thinking they're worth way more than they are.

That may be and I am not going to over do this -

there is a very important legal distinction between the overwhelming majority of owners (and/or GMs or any staff people) each acting independently and with no conversation with one another, overt or tacit, decide not to overbid on a bunch of older, not worth big money players,

or, any action in concert with one another.

One is legal, one is illegal.

At this point, we the viewing public have no idea. But as someone who works in a law office (which I do) I can see that there are real possibilities here. I have no idea which it is. I only discuss collusion because it is a possibility, and is being researched by the agents and the union.

Maybe there has been no collusion. Maybe there has. I sure as hell wouldn't pay big $$ for a lot of the free agents out there. But... the questions will be, did MLB act in collusion, or is it only happenstance, and if it was collusion, can that be verified. The owners have done it before. Doesn't mean they did it now, but one can look at it all and suspect that it may have happened now.

I am not suggesting it is so, nor dismissing it. We have no way of knwoing now at this time. We shall see.