Soxfest 2004

The Beast

2k, how do the autograph sessions work?

Easier said, do I have a good shot at leaving Chi-town with several signatures or not?  :huh:

Each of them has a preset number of people they let into the lines. As long as you don't mind waiting in some lines, you will get about all of the autographs you want. Frank and Maggs you might have to do some waiting for, but you can get plenty of signatures. Usually players sign in two different blocks over the course of the weekend. So once you get the list, you sit down and map out your strategy of who you want.

Sounds good, I've already got plenty of Buehrle, got a Thomas ball on the sweetspot as well as a Borchard on the sweetspot and a Mags Mini Helmet.

Guess my main targets will be Buehrle (obviously), Garland, Crede and C. Lee.

The lesser names, the easier it is. Everyone runs for the Maggs, Thomas lines, and then the rest kind of fill in accordingly. Save some extra money for the garage sale, as they have lots of cool one of a kind memorabilia such as used jerseys, bats, line up cards, and park flown flags.

How much are the autographs at Soxfest or do they sign for free?

All you HAVE to pay for is your ticket to Soxfest. After that as long as you are in line, by the number of people they allow (such as 600 people for Frank) you are guarenteed an autograph.

The Tix are included with the room thou, so basically you stay at the hotel and it's all free.... :D

Easier said, do I have a good shot at leaving Chi-town with several signatures or not?  :huh:

Each of them has a preset number of people they let into the lines. As long as you don't mind waiting in some lines, you will get about all of the autographs you want. Frank and Maggs you might have to do some waiting for, but you can get plenty of signatures. Usually players sign in two different blocks over the course of the weekend. So once you get the list, you sit down and map out your strategy of who you want.

Sounds good, I've already got plenty of Buehrle, got a Thomas ball on the sweetspot as well as a Borchard on the sweetspot and a Mags Mini Helmet.

The lesser names, the easier it is. Everyone runs for the Maggs, Thomas lines, and then the rest kind of fill in accordingly. Save some extra money for the garage sale, as they have lots of cool one of a kind memorabilia such as used jerseys, bats, line up cards, and park flown flags.

All you HAVE to pay for is your ticket to Soxfest. After that as long as you are in line, by the number of people they allow (such as 600 people for Frank) you are guarenteed an autograph.

The Tix are included with the room thou, so basically you stay at the hotel and it's all free.... :D

Exactly. Actually you get 4 sets of passes for all 3 days. I actually sold mine for $10 for each day for the two extras I had to make back a little of the money.

Exactly. Actually you get 4 sets of passes for all 3 days. I actually sold mine for $10 for each day for the two extras I had to make back a little of the money.

wait, can you get 5 tickets by stayin in the hotel or would you have to buy the extra sepratly cus i might go with a 4 of my buddies

Are there like events that differ alot day to day. Im in Wheaton, So like 30 min. away from Chi Town, so I dont think I whould get a room, but if me and my buddies go down, we might. Which day is usually better?

Saturday is a full 8 hours, and if you get the hotel package they have a show that gets put on for a few hours with free food. Friday is only 4 hours and Sunday is only 6. Each of the days also has clinics put on by the players and coaches that go on during that time, and there are also a lot of booths and tables that sell stuff. There is plenty to do.

wait, can you get 5 tickets by stayin in the hotel or would you have to buy the extra sepratly cus i might go with a 4 of my buddies

You get 4 admissions to each day with the hotel package. You would have to buy for one more person.

i didnt get into the session last year and i still got everyones sig thanks in part to the big party :headbang

Last year was the first time all of the players showed up for that. It will be interesting if they all do again, because of all of the people asking for autographs.

Yea, after the first 20 mins they had the security around there table and you couldnt get anywhere near them, the trick was to catch em on there way out :D

Guys I know of a back entrance where I snuck in...if anyone is interested

i didnt get into the session last year and i still got everyones sig thanks in part to the big party :headbang

Last year was the first time all of the players showed up for that. It will be interesting if they all do again, because of all of the people asking for autographs.

Yea, after the first 20 mins they had the security around there table and you couldnt get anywhere near them, the trick was to catch em on there way out :D

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

You're a menace to society.... :D

Not everyone goes.  Frank was a last second add.  Carlos hasn't gone in any of the 3 years that I have.  The new people didn't go (Koch and Colon)  Jose didn't go, also Damaso didn't go.  The theme is the guys from out of the US usually don't show.

Koch was there on Friday.

Too soon for a gay pedophile joke? Sorry I know raw wound... :bang