5/13- Astros at Sox, 6:15, Fox

flavum

Just now, Timmy U said:

My brother is a Cubs fan and I tried to explain to him what this team is like. He had seen the pen blow some leads, but I said most games are like last night, where the Sox offense sleep walks against some crappy rightie with a slider. I called it “being strangled by the anaconda of boredom.”

Garden snake of ennui. 

2 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

My brother is a Cubs fan and I tried to explain to him what this team is like. He had seen the pen blow some leads, but I said most games are like last night, where the Sox offense sleep walks against some crappy rightie with a slider. I called it “being strangled by the anaconda of boredom.”

Which game is the Anaconda of Boredom bobble head day?

6 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

worst atbat i have seen this year

Yes indeed, and making it worse it was with a man at third less than 2 outs, needing contact.  He should be benched.  You can’t swing at 2 balls in the dirt in that situation.  There has to be a price to pay.

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Yes indeed, and making it worse it was with a man at third less than 2 outs, needing contact.  He should be benched.  You can’t swing at 2 balls in the dirt in that situation.  There has to be a price to pay.

Anderson not hustling at all out of the box deserves a benching but Grifol probably refuses to put Romy out there. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

DP ball here from Vaughn? 

Self fulfilling prophecy. This game has been a microcosm of all the Sox ills this season.  The DP /high ground ball rate, the Ks swinging outside of the zone, poor defense, failing to get a run in from 3rd with less than two outs, walks, terrible base running, lack of hustle, etc.

• Like 1