And That's a White Sox HR powered winner and Lance Lynn 1st Win Victory.

I'm not an unreasonable fan ... kudos to Sox when they win. Once again when Sox play 'modern baseball' they do better. HRs. Nice bombs tonight. Robert turning into a star before our eyes; same with Burger. And the guy i've hated on, joe kelly, is dealing. And apparently Lynn is better than a DFA candidate. So nice win. If you are going to have as bad a record as the Sox, at least try to stay 'in it' by dominating division foes. Verdict out on that; Sox still can't play on the same field as the Royals.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Highland said:

Best game they played all year. Robert leads AL in homers. Nice turn of the double play by Anderson in the seventh. Shows what he can do.

That inning showed what he could do both good and bad

That was a really good game.  A lot of opportunities early to get to Bieber that they didn't capitalize on.

The Guardians lineup is really bad.

Kudos to Lynn, he turned back the clock and looked like the pitcher we traded for.

Robert is fun to watch. I'm not sure there are many others right now in baseball who hit the ball as far and as hard as Luis. 

I know that was four games in a row for Robert with HR's, but let's not forget Burger with back to back games of a home run. Please move Jake up in the lineup.

5 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

It's insane how hard he hits those home runs and how fast they get into the seats. He is one ridiculously strong dude!

He famously hit a home run over the Durham Bull - which meant he didn't get a steak, because you only get one if you hit it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joejoesox said:

What happened to Shane Bieber's stuff? I'm not talking about all the runs he gave up, his stuff looked very mediocre 

His stuff is always mediocre. He beats teams by getting them to swing out of the zone. Last night, the Sox put up good at bats. Eventually, they made him pay.

40 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

His stuff is always mediocre. He beats teams by getting them to swing out of the zone. Last night, the Sox put up good at bats. Eventually, they made him pay.

without looking it up, I feel like the Sox have historically performed well against him the last couple years 

58 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

We are still in this race. Never give up 

Technically yes? But need to go 66-53 just to finish .500. 

A few guys in the pen have been better of late. Also wish guys other than Robert and Burger were hitting for more power. No power at 2B, SS, LF. Very little power at 1B and 3B.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

21 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Technically yes? But need to go 66-53 just to finish .500. 

A few guys in the pen have been better of late. Also wish guys other than Robert and Burger were hitting for more power. No power at 2B, SS, LF. Very little power at 1B and 3B.

I consider slugging percentage the best indication of power (HRs are important but 2Bs and 3Bs are as well).

Overall: 18th in The MLB Right Field an issue as well.

The White Sox are leaders at two positions, mid level at three, and bottom five at four positions.

• 17th Catcher
  • 18th First Base 
  • 29th Second Base
  • 29th Shortstop
  • 1st Third Base
  • 26th Right Field
  • 2nd Center Field
  • 27th Left Field
  • 17th Designated Hitter

• Thanks 1