And That's a White Sox HR powered winner and Lance Lynn 1st Win Victory.

17 minutes ago, Quin said:

2005 Astros.

2018 Dodgers.

2019 Nationals.

If only we were an NL team.

History is no indicator in that playoffs expanded from 2 teams to 12 over time.

Also this new schedule will lead to a team winning a division with a below .500 record at some point.  This would happen often in football if 35% of the games were not inside the division.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I consider slugging percentage the best indication of power (HRs are important but 2Bs and 3Bs are as well).

Overall: 18th in The MLB Right Field an issue as well.

The White Sox are leaders at two positions, mid level at three, and bottom five at four positions.

• 17th Catcher
  • 18th First Base 
  • 29th Second Base
  • 29th Shortstop
  • 1st Third Base
  • 26th Right Field
  • 2nd Center Field
  • 27th Left Field
  • 17th Designated Hitter

- 29th at SS is really sad especially since we have a player at that position who used to have some power. TA currently is at his all-time lowest SLG% at .307. Back in 2019 when TA win the batting title he had 18 HR's and 32 2B's for a .508 SLG%. In 2020 the pandemic shortened season, when he finished second for the batting title and hit 10 HR's 11 2B's 1 3B in 49 games for an even higher .529 SLG%. If he could produce those similar numbers this year, only Robert, Moncada and Burger have a higher SLG% than TA had in either 2019 or 2020. 

- 18th is sad at First Base. Vaughn needs to get back to that hot hitter. I know we've discussed it a lot in here, that maybe Vaughn might not be more than a 20-25 HR hitter, but I think we all figured he would be at least a strong Doubles/RBI's guy.

- 17th at DH is also bad! Without even looking up the numbers, I know DH is probably one of the highest SLG for most teams at DH. I know Eloy was starting to get hot right before the IL stint and hopefully when he gets back to that power hitter again.

- We have sucked at SLG% in left and right field for a long time now! That's on Rick Hahn's ineptness struggling to acquire power at those two positions. 

- Great job to Moncada, Burger Robert. 

• Hawk 1

5 hours ago, joejoesox said:

without looking it up, I feel like the Sox have historically performed well against him the last couple years 

Looking it up, he’s 8-4 with a 2.64 against the Sox in his career. He has mostly dominated them. They did get to him once last year for 6 runs and once in 2019 for 5.