Latest Sox Podcast...

Lip Man 1

48 minutes ago, GreatScott82 said:

Not only that, but the free agent class in 2024 and 2025 is not impressive at all. As McGuff eluded to in the podcast, Sox had their opportunity to sign multiple superstars to round out this rebuild and never did it. Rebuild, Retool, it doesn’t matter. As long as Jerry is the owner, this organization will be irrelevant. And we already know Hahn and KW are bad at their jobs, so even if JR did put financial constraints on this team, it would be nice to see some different minds be in charge of this thing. Perhaps people from successful organizations like Tampa, Houston or Atlanta.  

My expectation for this trade deadline is simple: Hahn will trade multiple pitchers for guys who will not contribute on this major league roster at all. But at the end of the day it will save Jerry $$$ and that’s a business win for the 87 year old business tycoon. Remember, he said it.. you can still have super successful years even if you finish in 2nd or 3rd place… ?

Good Lord, please let there be a new White Sox owner soon! 

I feel your pain. Just hope to live long enough to see different ownership and take my chances. 

On 5/16/2023 at 10:00 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

Garfein and McGuffy released their latest podcast tonight. Just watched it on You Tube.

The theme was “what will the next Sox rebuild look like?”

That can be summed up in one word -FAIL.

The problems are scouting and development.   Nothing will fix that until there's a new owner and goes in that direction.  Then when the pieces are in place, spend the money.