Manny Ramirez

southsider2k5

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are gonna be willing to do what the Sox should do with Konerko and Koch, just give it a shot. But first see if they can get any trade value.

I won't be shocked if those two find themselves on waivers at one point. If they can somehow get someone to pick up their tabs :headbang

But paying $20 million to a clubhouse cancer who is lazy and doesn't give effort and whines about the team isn't insane?

I don't care how much effort he gives if he puts up

AVG .325

HR 37

RBI 104

OBP .427

SLG .587

OPS 1.014

I'd rather give that clubhouse cancer $20 mill than give our clubhouse cancer $6 mill.

AVG .325

HR 37

RBI 104

OBP .427

SLG .587

OPS 1.014

I'd rather give that clubhouse cancer $20 mill than give our clubhouse cancer $6 mill.

Just as a side note, our clubhouse cancer had 7 more Hr's, one more RBI, .060 less OPS and BA, a simliar SLG, and .037 less of a OBP. Is that worth $14 million?

where did i say the white sox should get ramirez?

don't put words in my mouth.

Huh? :huh: I wasn't saying that you said we should get Manny, I was just posting the fact that for all the positives about his production, between Maggs and he, thats 57% of our projected payroll....

:puke

AVG .325

HR 37

RBI 104

OBP .427

SLG .587

OPS 1.014

I said yesterday for Koch, Konerko and $5M for each year of the remainder of Manny's contract, I would take hime.

Manny and Magglio would not need much more around thema dn this would be fun to watch.

Magglio-Ramirez-Thomas-Lee would be very dangerous.

AVG .325

HR 37

RBI 104

OBP .427

SLG .587

OPS 1.014

I said yesterday for Koch, Konerko and $5M for each year of the remainder of Manny's contract, I would take hime.

Manny and Magglio would not need much more around thema dn this would be fun to watch.

That trade sounds ideal for both teams in theory, but I don't see Frank and Manny exsisting at all. I don't think that it is any coincidence that Frank had his worst years with Albert Belle here. Not only does Manny have all of Alberts edge, he doesn't have Belle's legendary work ethic. It would be bad things.

AVG .325

HR 37

RBI 104

OBP .427

SLG .587

OPS 1.014

We've tried the formula of a string of power hitting right handed hitters for 3 years and it hasn't worked. Let's try something else for a change. See the Marlins for an example.

I read this on the Gammons´ article:

"With a number of teams looking to pare payroll, the Red Sox could take Curt Schilling, Matt Mantei and Junior Spivey from the Diamondbacks. Or they could possibly take on contracts from teams such as Houston, St. Louis or the White Sox."

If the Red Sox want to pay 50% of his salary i would trade Ramirez for Maggs.

"With a number of teams looking to pare payroll, the Red Sox could take Curt Schilling, Matt Mantei and Junior Spivey from the Diamondbacks. Or they could possibly take on contracts from teams such as Houston, St. Louis or the White Sox."

If they would pay us $7 million, I would take that. If they paid half, then we would save $4 million.

If they would pay us $7 million, I would take that. If they paid half, then we would save $4 million.

And Ramirez is a better hitter than Maggs. The problem is he is such an idiot. What he did in Boston was horrible. He said that he was sick and in the same day was getting drunk in a bar. :nono

And Ramirez is a better hitter than Maggs. The problem is he is such an idiot. What he did in Boston was horrible. He said that he was sick and in the same day was getting drunk in a bar. :nono

Just for clarification and fairness......

I saw that he was spotted in a bar, not that he was drinking or drunk. Unless I missed something, I think maybe you are assuming a little here.

I for one, have been to bars and not drank. I also have been to bars and only had a beer or two, which is far from "getting drunk".

Don't get me wrong, he put himself in a bad spot and the mere perception of wrong doing can be just as harmful as actually doing the wrong thing.

Just for clarification and fairness......

I saw that he was spotted in a bar, not that he was drinking or drunk. Unless I missed something, I think maybe you are assuming a little here.

I for one, have been to bars and not drank. I also have been to bars and only had a beer or two, which is far from "getting drunk".

Don't get me wrong, he put himself in a bad spot and the mere perception of wrong doing can be just as harmful as actually doing the wrong thing.

OK, but with a player for the team that they were playing and fighting for division and didnt play in that series was ridiculous. Maybe he wasnt drinking but why he wasnt in home taking care of himself.

That trade sounds ideal for both teams in theory, but I don't see Frank and Manny exsisting at all.  I don't think that it is any coincidence that Frank had his worst years with Albert Belle here.

Let's see.... Frank won the batting title and hit 35 HR's and drove in 125 runs in Albert's first year here, and in his second, Frank hit .265, 29 Hr's, and drove in, scored, and walked more than 100 times in each category. I wish those were his worst years.

I wish those were his worst years.

You and me both, brother.

I think Frank will have a good year. Maybe not as great as last year (.267 average not withstanding), but he'll have a really solid year.

I hate predictions, unless they involve predicting that the sun will rise in the east and set in the west, but Frank could put up a .280 - 35 HR - 102 year next season.

Let's hope!