5/31/2023 - Angels @ Sox (retroactive gamethread)

JoeC

4 minutes ago, T R U said:

Im still watching every game I can, this is my favorite team and always will be. The fact that I have to hope they continue to lose and spiral out of control that it might force the owner to actually hold someone accountable is just sad.

In years past I would find myself watching many games late into the season no matter how many games back they were. They will always be my favorite team but I am watching less and less this season because this team is tough to watch.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

In years past I would find myself watching many games late into the season no matter how many games back they were. They will always be my favorite team but I am watching less and less this season because this team is tough to watch.

And when they sell off this year, there’s no one interesting they can promote that will make you want to watch them

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I’m an old timer and a die hard and have never wanted them to lose games, just not in my DNA.

I hear you. I don't want 'em to lose either on a daily basis. I want all W's every day. i was just pointing out we got one title at least in our lifetimes. About all we could expect with Jerry and his crew.

When fans start listing and complaining about players doing the bare minimum and just collecting a pay check, Fat Keuchel (oh, I'm sorry. I mean Lynn) has to be at the top with anyone else on the team. 

He has to know (had to know for the past couple years)  that losing, even 15 or 20 pounds, would make a difference in his pitching: Make him more athletic, help his stamina, and absolutely help him avoid injury by lessening the strain on his legs.  But nope, nothing; if anything, he gets fatter each off season. He could care less about his teammates or winning. Just keep cashing that paycheck. 

In no way can he be seen as a leader on this team, regardless of the BS that Jason and Steve try to feed us. If you were a teammate of that fat butt, would you have any respect for him? 

• Like 2

Ho Hum another lineup without your second best HR hitter and the guy who had 3 hits yesterday ( although one of them was gift hit.) I still see Robert ,Vaughn ,and Romy in the lineup. Also the homerless wonders  still at the top of the order getting the most AB's.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Benintendi is going to go down as the biggest waste of money this organization has ever spent. I am annoyed that he was given a hit for that weak ass ball last inning that was booted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

And when they sell off this year, there’s no one interesting they can promote that will make you want to watch them

yeah it's hard to come up with comparisons. mine would be Baltimore Orioles from 2001 to 2011 maybe. That's kind of the current White Sox. A team that sorely lacks mlb caliber players on offense defense or pitching and has no chance out of the gate thru September.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ho Hum another lineup without your second best HR hitter and the guy who had 3 hits yesterday ( although one of them was gift hit.) I still see Robert ,Vaughn ,and Romy in the lineup.

This is a good point. Stuff like this drive me crazy. What is the deal with sitting Burger?  You HAVE to find a way to get his .885 OPS in the lineup. 

Just now, vilehoopster said:

This is a good point. Stuff like this drive me crazy. What is the deal with sitting Burger?  You HAVE to find a way to get his .885 OPS in the lineup. 

Had to play Yoan despite him being banged up again.

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

There is literally nobody cheering at this game.  Kind of become that way all season.  The Hero of the Game was the only excitement. We are at Rick I mean rock bottom.

Is the park gorgeous at least? As a fan of being in a ballpark, sights and smells and eats and drinks, would I be in nirvana today? Have any fans left yet?

23 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I hear you. I don't want 'em to lose either on a daily basis. I want all W's every day. i was just pointing out we got one title at least in our lifetimes. About all we could expect with Jerry and his crew.

The franchise has had a history of bad ownership but JR and company are the worst. I’ve despised the man for almost all 42 years of his ownership.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

We brought back Yasmani and Lance because we like their veteran leadership and contributions to our club over the years.

We feel both will bounce back and help lead us to the playoffs over the next three seasons.

- Rick Hahn

March 21, 2024

Why is there no "this makes me want to cry" reaction option?

• Haha 1