Ring Question

sox4lifeinPA

Those looks pretty engagementy to me. What do I know though. Your sure she likes ya more than just friends right, cause sometimes signals get crossed up. Just making sure. I am sorry to say, but long term relationships are hard and absolutely suck, six months (or a year whatever it is) is not that long. I wish ya nothing but luck.

He's young and in love. Don't try to ruin it with reality :lol: :bang

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, it's just not alot of people wait to have a first kiss for six months.

But he was practicing with his hand

Very nice taste in rings. Some guys who aren't as smooth would go more gaudy.

Having said that, stay away from diamonds with this one. Picking her birthstone or even both your birthstones would be better. Match her eyes, match her cat's eyes, pick her high school team colors but don't go diamond.

Save the diamond for that special moment under the moonlight at US CELLULAR FIELD :headbang :headbang :headbang when you propose. Ahh the scoreboard fireworks go off as Frank Thomas' grandkid hits a homerun it will take you that long at this pace.

I don't know, it's just not alot of people wait to have a first kiss for six months.

But he was practicing with his hand

Very nice taste in rings. Some guys who aren't as smooth would go more gaudy.

Having said that, stay away from diamonds with this one. Picking her birthstone or even both your birthstones would be better. Match her eyes, match her cat's eyes, pick her high school team colors but don't go diamond.

Save the diamond for that special moment under the moonlight at US CELLULAR FIELD :headbang :headbang :headbang when you propose. Ahh the scoreboard fireworks go off as Frank Thomas' grandkid hits a homerun it will take you that long at this pace.

I don't think y'all understand the situation very well. She and I have been romantically involved for 1 year and a half. The distance isn't a problem at all, and one that's being fixed when I move to PA in may. she and I have just started being "official" when I talked to her parents this summer and got their blessing. I don't think many, if any, of you would understand it. We waited to kiss because, like now when I'm dying for the next one, it would have been too much at the time. hence why the distance isn't generally a problem. When you know she's the right one, you know.

meh, thanks for your thoughts though...

this is the one I'm gonna get.

3004006.jpg

ok, I know I'm gonna get ragged and I'm taking your opinions with a handful of salt, but I'm thinking about getting miss sox4life a ring. Here's the situation: I'm going up to PA in January. The trip will fall right on our 6 month anniversary (actually one year, but that's another story) and her birthday.(and obviously right after christmas). So my thoughts are to get her a "nice but not crazy expensive, committing, but not like we're gonna get married" ring

thoughts?

I know I know, I just kissed her whatever...y'all don't understand.

Careful, she may take it the wrong way...

Evidently I learned my lesson by putting roses in women's lockers

I sent a love note too...

then I got kicked in the ball sack and got beaten by her bf... :lol:

I think promise rings are lame, and they scream insecurity and control issues.

But do whatever you feel :D

read through my posts and notice I never said "promise ring".....

I was going for, "you're the most amazing girl I've ever met, happy birthday, happy anniversary (one year), oh by the way, thanks for staying true to me while I'm 1700 miles away" ring.

but whatever, I'm the insecure one. :rolleyes:

14920110.jpg

15647118.jpg

those are what I like...of course she'll hate them :lol:

The first one is perfect.. and it's also sold as a "anniversary ring". Good choices.

ok, I know I'm gonna get ragged and I'm taking your opinions with a handful of salt, but I'm thinking about getting miss sox4life a ring. Here's the situation: I'm going up to PA in January. The trip will fall right on our 6 month anniversary (actually one year, but that's another story) and her birthday.(and obviously right after christmas). So my thoughts are to get her a "nice but not crazy expensive, committing, but not like we're gonna get married" ring

thoughts?

I've consulted her best friend on style and I'm gonna talk to her mom about appropriateness....

"I can't thank you enough for holding my hand so tightly through all of this. Not just any boy would do that for me. But, then again, you're not just any boy...you are my most treasured boy in the whole world.

she sent that in a letter to me today. she's not going to take it the wrong way. and beastly...I AM her boyfriend. :bang :lol:

thoughts?

I've consulted her best friend on style and I'm gonna talk to her mom about appropriateness....

she sent that in a letter to me today. she's not going to take it the wrong way. and beastly...I AM her boyfriend. :bang :lol:

Good. My penis hurt after get kicked in the balls...eh...plus I got a good lick to the head on a punch by her bf...

I think promise rings are lame, and they scream insecurity and control issues.

But do whatever you feel :D

read through my posts and notice I never said "promise ring".....

I was going for, "you're the most amazing girl I've ever met, happy birthday, happy anniversary (one year), oh by the way, thanks for staying true to me while I'm 1700 miles away" ring.

but whatever, I'm the insecure one. :rolleyes:

14920110.jpg

15647118.jpg

those are what I like...of course she'll hate them :lol:

How about the Kobe Bryant approach ;)

If I were you I'd go with like a necklace and a matching pair of earings. Nothing that will kill ya, but since you definately sound like your in love its a nice gift that she can wear even after you get engaged.

Either way I don't think your going wrong. Just see what she likes and kind of judge by her taste. Take her shopping or something and just notice what she looks at. Usually I do that, but never make any hint that I'm paying attention whatsoever (its a great trick, cause they think I'm zoned out and then if I'm not planning on getting her anything, were just at the mall for no particular reason, I'll say a thing or two about it and then they are all happy cause your paying attention :) )

I think whatever you do it will go over well, cause its always the thought that counts

Hmmm. I'm not a conspiracy theoriest but what does everyone think about a bank teller who announces he's quitting on Monday and on Wednesday he starts discussing expensive jewelry ;)

PA, CW is available to take your confession ;)

Hmmm. I'm not a conspiracy theoriest but what does everyone think about a bank teller who announces he's quitting on Monday and on Wednesday he starts discussing expensive jewelry  ;)

PA, CW is available to take your confession  ;)

haha, yeah...I'm staying at my stupid job.

we won't discuss the other issue:)

Hmmm. I'm not a conspiracy theoriest but what does everyone think about a bank teller who announces he's quitting on Monday and on Wednesday he starts discussing expensive jewelry  ;)

Quick, tell him they were all counterfeit dollars!!! :lol:

Quick, tell him they were all counterfeit dollars!!! :lol:

we just fired a kid because his drawer was missing 750 bucks....

yikes.

I had a girl steal 1500 bucks from me once, but we caught her a week later. that was the worst week of my life.

I don't think y'all understand the situation very well. She and I have been romantically involved for 1 year and a half. The distance isn't a problem at all, and one that's being fixed when I move to PA in may. she and I have just started being "official" when I talked to her parents this summer and got their blessing. I don't think many, if any, of you would understand it. We waited to kiss because, like now when I'm dying for the next one, it would have been too much at the time. hence why the distance isn't generally a problem. When you know she's the right one, you know.

3004006.jpg

how sweet...I thought I was once in love, and gave her a nice ring that i payed 125 bucks for...turned out badly... :angry:

but I'm cool, it's all cool... :ph34r:

3004006.jpg

how sweet...I thought I was once in love, and gave her a nice ring that i payed 125 bucks for...turned out badly... :angry:

but I'm cool, it's all cool... :ph34r:

hehehe....ouch...sorry dude.

I'm just confident about this chick. Besides, with all the money I've jacked from the bank, I'm fine if I blow a couple hundred bucks on this broad :lol: :lol: :ph34r: kidding....

BTW, how old is this girl?

Just wondering cause you said two years til you get engaged...

19....we'll probably both be in grad school when we get married.

I'd say thats the only thing that would at all have me worried, soley because at 20 I know I wouldn't be interested in a marriage unless i really found the right person and in that case I'd still want to wait a few years.

Everyone is different though and if you two have already found eachother then I say Congrats :D :cheers

Just take your time and don't put added pressure on eachother, I think something like that could be odd.

Actually your relationship kind of reminds me of one my friend is in. He's 20 but his girlfriend is 25 (Gonna be a doctor in like 6 months) and they are in a long distance relationship but she is moving out here in like 20 days.

Personally I don't think its a great relationship, mainly because its long distance and the age difference but they make eachother happy. To me the thing you have to overcome with a long distance relationship other then the long distance stuff, is being able to put up and like the person when your spending every day with them for a long period of time. I think thats the lasting test.

But like I say, I hope she's the one...it sounds like the two of ya are good mathces from your posts.

I'd say thats the only thing that would at all have me worried, soley because at 20 I know I wouldn't be interested in a marriage unless i really found the right person and in that case I'd still want to wait a few years.

I won't be interested in marriage until late 20's at the earliest...

What is the rush? :huh:

I won't be interested in marriage until late 20's at the earliest...

What is the rush?  :huh:

I'm 23. so in 3 years when we get married she'll be 22 and I'll be 26. Which to me, is the perfect age. (probably young for most girls, but if you knew her, you'd know why 4 years isn't a reach at all).

no rush? no, not really, but when you konw, you know. I figure by then 26 will be enough time to have waited for sex...

• 5 months later...
Get her a plasma TV and satellite dish. Add on all the sports packages and it is the gift that keeps on giving year round.

Holy s*** I missed this the first time around!!!

:headbang :lol:

This is a GREAT gift!!! :cheers