BN: Sox have no choice but to break it up

joejoesox

• joejoesox changed the title to BN: Sox have no choice but to break it up

Nightengale really is the worst. Just absolutely unlikeable. Incapable of any insight except praising people for being old and looking up a hitting or win streak and calling the team/player fabulous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

Of course Hahn wouldn't interview Bochy.  Hahn wants someone who won't show him up. Grifol, Renteria and especially Hinch ( a winner, but a winner who also kowtowed to the GM Luhnow) 

Lord I hope he's right about breaking this org. up.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Heard in this interview:

• BN: “I was joking they should give Tony La Russa another plaque in Cooperstown, he’s the only person who has won with this team.” (Editors Note: Ricky Renteria had their highest win percentage under Hahn, also had their best chance of advancing).
  • Mully: “Bruce Bochy (Texas’ manager) was interested in the job, the White Sox  were not interested in him.” (Editors Note: Yes, because Jerry always sticks with the cheapest talent, with BFF DUI Guy the exception.)
  • BN: “When you talk to other scouts (about Tim Anderson), they say get him out of Chicago, get him to a place that’s a contender, like the Dodgers or someplace else, and you would see a different ballplayer. And you saw that in the WBC, where he was spectacular…. All the losing seems to bring guys down. Scouts also think Lance Lynn is another one who would benefit playing for a competitive team and leave this atmosphere.”

Cell Jerry Cell.

• Like 5

Nightengale is an absolute piece of crap. Of course he somehow used Grifol's performance to praise TLR. TLR deserves a plaque for what he did last year? What a freaking joke. Guys like James Fegan get fired, while this piece of human excrement Bob Nightengale still has a job. That's ridiculous. 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Heard in this interview:

• BN: “I was joking they should give Tony La Russa another plaque in Cooperstown, he’s the only person who has won with this team.” (Editors Note: Ricky Renteria had their highest win percentage under Hahn, also had their best chance of advancing).
  • Mully: “Bruce Bochy (Texas’ manager) was interested in the job, the White Sox  were not interested in him.” (Editors Note: Yes, because Jerry always sticks with the cheapest talent, with BFF DUI Guy the exception.)
  • BN: “When you talk to other scouts (about Tim Anderson), they say get him out of Chicago, get him to a place that’s a contender, like the Dodgers or someplace else, and you would see a different ballplayer. And you saw that in the WBC, where he was spectacular…. All the losing seems to bring guys down. Scouts also think Lance Lynn is another one who would benefit playing for a competitive team and leave this atmosphere.”

Cell Jerry Cell.

If that’s true about TA, well screw him, he’s being paid millions to play to the best of his abilities, he’s a piece of dog crap and without a doubt the cancer on the team.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Pedro is so going to be fired at the end of the year 

That might be unprecedented as far as that many managerial changes in such a short time span. Wonder what the 'record' is for most managers hired for a given team in a given time span.

Ozzie/Coop in 2011 (Ozzie was here from 04)

Ventura til 2016

Renteria til 2020

TLR til 2022

Grifol til 2024

<New Hire> til 20xx

6+ Managers in the span of 12 years, now that is crazy. If I'm betting, I don't see Grifol getting fired. They would wait til the end of next year if you ask me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

Blaming Pedro is hysterical, but also, Bochy was the clear choice when they decided not to hire Hinch.

I think most people here wanted Hinch followed by Bochy and then the hitting coach from... somewhere. 

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

Blaming Pedro is hysterical, but also, Bochy was the clear choice when they decided not to hire Hinch.

It is with the first part, but equally hysterical is anyone saying Pedro has shown he’s at least half the manager we were hoping he would be.

• Like 1

So pretty much it's a pissing match between a cheap always get his way owner and an incompetent GM...  Thinking about it now, I really feel these 2 set the tone by firing Ricky. There was no problem with the players when Ricky was here. What have we( the loyal Sox Fans) done to deserve this s%*#? 43 years of having this franchise handcuffed. Has there been anybody competent in the Reinsdorf era? Himes? Hemond who I think he inherited? How much longer of this crap?

• Like 1

Pedro isn't the entire problem, but certainly is big part of the problem. He promised the fans a Sox team that would be hustling, working hard, giving max effort and that obviously hasn't materialized. Worst than that, Pedro is as lifeless as LaRussa in the dugout and his coaching staff is an embarrassment. Pedro's managerial mistakes with lineups and managing the bullpen has been god awful. 

They better not just fire Pedro. Hahn better be out the door as well, along with KW and clean out the entire FO from major league level down throughout the horrible farm system of coaches and scouts.

I do agree they need to clean house and go with Rebuild 2.0 minus Hahn and KW. 

I find it poetic justice for Reinsdorf. Apparently Jerry is not happy with Pedro. Ok Jerry..."Mr. I'm smarter than all the other owners." News Flash Jerry...if you weren't so cheap and stubborn, you could have hired Hinch or Bochy and maybe had better results. 

Jerry: sell the damn team already, or let your son Michael run it. 

I do agree though with the other comments that Nightingale is a loser.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1