Sox @ Dodgers 9:10

Glad to see the Sox bouncing back after losing 3 in a row. If we win tonight I fully apologize for freaking at their dropping those 3.

I love me some Burger. Has any player in baseball history succeeded in swinging at virtually every pitch? His personality and Curley (Stooges)-like face and head reminds me of Babe Ruth.

Edited by greg775

Just now, greg775 said:

Glad to see the Sox bouncing back after losing 3 in a row. If we win tonight I fully apologize for freaking at their dropping those 3.

I love me some Burger. Has any player in baseball history succeeded in swinging at virtually every pitch? His personality and Curley (Stooges) like face and head reminds me of Babe Ruth.

This player until La Russa went Douchebag Ground Zero on him.

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

That dropped popup was not good.

Grandal screwed up there unless he lost the ball. Could Cease have screamed who should take it? Seems to me he'd have the best view of that even tho pitchers generally never make fielding plays on plays like that.

1 minute ago, Dan Pasqua said:

Imagine if we were a professional group of grinders that played baseball like it was meant to be played.  

Good point. Once in a while Burger, Vaughn and Robert tear the bleep out of the ball and hit beautiful homers. That's about it for good baseball. And once in a while our starters do OK to good.

Lopez better get out of this jam. Cease pitched well K wise. I'd still rather have Cease stay in til they score a run. 5 1/3 innings used to be a cruddy start. Now it's excellent. So sad. (That said, u pitched well Mr. Cease).