Sox @ Dodgers 9:10

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

You are right. Grifol was a coach for like 10 yrs at perennial loser KC and never promoted to manager.

There was no logic to this hire except he's Cuban-American and the front office/probably Reinsdorf thought he would make the Cuban players play better. This is a conspiracy theory but I can't think of any other reason

Just now, nrockway said:

There was no logic to this hire except he's Cuban-American and the front office/probably Reinsdorf thought he would make the Cuban players play better. This is a conspiracy theory but I can't think of any other reason

Because he was the easiest person for the front office to control

Just now, nrockway said:

Maybe that he was cheaper than other candidates as well.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

The lack of urgency shown by Grifol with this quote is crazy 

TA hasn't had enough time to straighten it out, clearly. All teams should strive for a leadoff hitter with a sub 600 OPS.

Just now, fathom said:

Nah, this is on Lopez 

Absolutely 

The worst pitch wasn't even the fastball that was hit for GS......it was the hanging slider to Outnam who has struck out 5 times this series and can't hit a fastball.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

A Flat Fastball right down the middle with bases loaded is not a formula for success.

The thing to remember I guess is that there are two teams competing and both want to win. Lopez just got beat on that one is all. It happens 

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

i think it was 12 pitches and 4 in the zone. Late innings , need base runners, force pitcher to throw strikes. Get pitches to hit instead of crap.

Need to take walks when given to us.  One of the reasons why we have four solo homers tonight as we don’t have many runners on base.

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

The thing to remember I guess is that there are two teams competing and both want to win. Lopez just got beat on that one is all. It happens 

It was an awful pitch to someone that hits fastballs and struggles with breaking balls