Sox @ Dodgers 9:10

6 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

TA hasn't had enough time to straighten it out, clearly. All teams should strive for a leadoff hitter with a sub 600 OPS.

Makes sense to support your player publicly, but also makes sense, perhaps a few weeks ago, to bat Tim 7th vs. RHPs, perhaps Benintendi 7th vs. LHPs, until they were able to work consistent better at bats.

Colas can do what Frazier is doing, and at least there is still some mystery to his ability at the MLB level. Frazier is exactly who he has always been: a guy who might run into one occasionally, but mostly just strikes out, and plays bad defense.

• Like 1

Modern baseball is one thing (home run or K for every hitter) but what I don't understand is when u have two strikes on you, why not at that point go to old school baseball and try to uh, make contact? Line a single?

But noooo. ... try to hit a HR every single pitch. That really works. No, that's why there are about 10 ballplayers hitting over .300 now in a given year. Sickening. I wish I'd give up on baseball completely.

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

Colas can do what Frazier is doing, and at least there is still some mystery to his ability at the MLB level. Frazier is exactly who he has always been: a guy who might run into one occasionally, but mostly just strikes out, and plays bad defense.

They need like 12 quality players at this point. Nothing to salvage, let Colas spend a full year in AAA, bring him up if he begins to master the strike zone with consistent power.

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

The lack of urgency shown by Grifol with this quote is crazy 

He is very naive and incompetent if he is blindly trusting people like TA and not adjusting after one failure and another.    How much longer is he going to wait to make necessary changes and kick some butt?.  Seems to be afraid to offend the players. Not a good manager, more suitable for coach.