6/16- Sox at Mariners, 9:10, Apple TV

flavum

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I didn't watch the game (because I'm not into inflicting harm on myself) and only looking at stats why didn't they stick with Kopech a little longer. Either way most likely looking at a loss but give the pen a rest.

High pitch count...already over 100 before he finished the fifth and that inning was falling apart quickly. 

Seems to be storyline of nearly every game. 

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

Seriously why does TA stink? Remember looking at the box score every day and many many times TA with 2, 3 hits. Now he blows.

Not sure he'll attract much in a trade. No power. Horrific pitch recognition, always been adequate but nothing special at SS. Yikes. Rite now he's a .250 hitter with zero power and no ability to draw walks. Other than that he's Luis Aparicio.

Not close to Hall of Famer Aparicio, Looie was one of the best fielding shortstops in the history of the game and also had tons of stolen bases, Anderson couldn’t touch Aparicio’s glove.

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

Big burger looked more like a fish sandwich. Whiff. 

Horrible loss. Insanely bad baseball by the Sox except again by the starting pitcher. Sox CANNOT play and win modern baseball. It's that simple. Gonna take years to fix this IF Jerry brings in new GM. If current front office stays may not be fixed for a long long time.

With the right people in charge it can happen, in 1970 the Sox went 56-106, in 1971 they improved by 23 games and finished 79-83 and in 1972 they almost won the division finishing 87-67 in a season shortened by the players strike at the beginning of the season.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

4 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Sox are just good enough to lose 

More like plenty bad enough to lose. These clowns won’t see .500 again until a complete purge of the dolts that run the front office and the minor league system. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Robert, Burger, and Vaughn 0-11 with 10ks. Christ.

Sox have 6 home runs in theor last two games. Good enough for 6 runs.

All this team has to do is hit home runs....yeah, I guess not.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Lost in this corpseball performance tonight was this little nugget:

"Mariners right-hander Bryan Woo, who entered with a 10.80 ERA, struck out a career high nine batters." 

If these guys aren't embarrassed by that nothing will impact or affect them.  🤡

Even Lance Lynn would probably shut down these bums with like 12 strikeouts

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Robert, Burger, and Vaughn 0-11 with 10ks. Christ.

Sox have 6 home runs in theor last two games. Good enough for 6 runs.

If someone told you the Sox would hit 6 homers and give up 8 runs in 2 games, it has to be close to 1000 to 1 they would lose both.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Not close to Hall of Famer Aparicio, Looie was one of the best fielding shortstops in the history of the game and also had tons of stolen bases, Anderson couldn’t touch Aparicio’s glove.

Tim was throwing some leather last night which explains the throwing error. I think he wants out. 

Just watched some highlights. A question for those of you scoring at home....does Benintendi get an outfield assist to that throw to Seby where he ran down France? That was one I had not seen before.

Went to bed after the Benintendi homer, as I figured this bullpen had no shot at keeping the lead.  It’s almost as if having 8 righties in the lineup is a bad idea having to face RHP.  Hahn continues be the worst GM in sports.

Edited by fathom

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Benintendi hit a home run and they lost?!?!  Hahaha that's fantastic.  Another quality lose and another day closer to this thing getting blowed up.  

Also, is it true Grifol admitted his hand injury from last year has impacted his power?  If so, more brilliance by Hahn

3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I almost feel sorry for that poor bastard.  It's impossible to manage a Rick Hahn built team. 

That footage of Schultz’s slider last night was impressive at least.  That thing take a hard right turn 

7 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Lost in this corpseball performance tonight was this little nugget:

"Mariners right-hander Bryan Woo, who entered with a 10.80 ERA, struck out a career high nine batters." 

If these guys aren't embarrassed by that nothing will impact or affect them.  🤡

Woo is a pretty decent prospect with an inflated era from getting lit up by Texas in his debut. Him handling the Sox pitiful offense was not very surprising at all.

19 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

All he has to do is stay healthy.  Sky's the limit.  

Staying healthy, how quickly will we see him in the majors in your opinion? 2025 realistic?

51 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Benintendi hit a home run and they lost?!?!  Hahaha that's fantastic.  Another quality lose and another day closer to this thing getting blowed up.  

I wish they would just do it and get it over with. I'm sure they'll keep everyone together for the year though, citing only 5 games back in the division, failing to throw in the word "perpetually." Hahn has done one thing right in his tenure here--coining the phrase mired in mediocrity.

3 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

I wish they would just do it and get it over with. I'm sure they'll keep everyone together for the year though, citing only 5 games back in the division, failing to throw in the word "perpetually." Hahn has done one thing right in his tenure here--coining the phrase mired in mediocrity.

Jerry thinks he's losing his ass.  He's not gonna to keep a 10 game under .500 team together just because of the god awful division.  He's cutting bait.