Sox vs Seamen

Heads22

4 minutes ago, almagest said:

Nobody is going to throw him a strike if he swings at everything. It doesn't matter where he hits in the lineup. He could hit in front of Ohtani and Trout and they'd still throw him sliders outside and fastballs up and in off the plate.

Not to mention that WAR is going to take a hit if he plays 3B regularly, and mentally he will need to focus on becoming a decent fielder, something he hasn't had to do in his ML career to date.

He's a solid backup 3B, could be a decent DH, but hasn't had to make major adjustments to his hitting approach until now that the league has a better handle on how to approach him.

10 minutes ago, almagest said:

I don't know how much more I can spell this out for you. He's swinging at everything. That won't work long term. It hasn't really been working for a month. Only his power is keeping him in the majors right now.

I like Jake a lot, but I can barely watch his at-bats because of the poor swing decisions he makes. He needs to be much more selective or that WAR is going to take a nosedive.

Wow, you can barely take watching Jake's at bats, but you are ok watching the other losers on this team swinging at pitches outside the zone.

We are 30th in swing% outside the zone. We are 30th in least amount of pitches taken per AB. We are 30th in walks taken. Yeah you're right, I guess that's all Jake's fault we are 30th in most plate discipline stats.

Edited by The Kids Can Play

Just now, The Kids Can Play said:

Wow, you can barely take watch Jake's at bats, but you are ok watching the other losers on this team swinging at pitches outside the zone.

We are 30th in swing% outside the zone. We are 30th in least amount of pitches taken per AB. We are 30th in walks taken. Yeah you're right, I guess that's all Jake's fault we are 30th in most plate discipline stats.

No, I’d say that I can barely stand watching this team, period. Jake just stands out because his swing decisions are so dramatically poor, even compared to the rest of these idiots.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, oldsox said:

I've been watching White Sox baseball before most of you were born, and I have never seen another player go into a long-term pout like Anderson has.

Honestly ever since the mistress stuff came out, everything changed with him. No more spaghetti dinners 

2 minutes ago, almagest said:

No, I’d say that I can barely stand watching this team, period. Jake just stands out because his swing decisions are so dramatically poor, even compared to the rest of these idiots.

Yeah like Robert, Eloy and TA don't have the same swings!

2 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Wow, you can barely take watching Jake's at bats, but you are ok watching the other losers on this team swinging at pitches outside the zone.

Most of our guys can’t hit a slider, and swing and miss on any balls out of the zone. .  Need to take a strike before swinging for the first time.

Just now, The Kids Can Play said:

Yeah like Robert, Eloy and TA don't have the same swings!

Robert is at 2.9 WAR and a 128 OPS+. He makes bad decisions but he is the least of their issues.  TA's stat line is what Jake would be if he stops hitting homers.

4 minutes ago, almagest said:

At least Jake can get some home runs with those swings, which most of the other slugs on this team can't do. 

Let's face it you are one of the peeps in here that are in the camp, I can't stand Jake having any success and I will always criticize him because any success he had is a fluke.

Trust me, Jake Burger is not the reason this team is about to go 12 games under 500. But that's fine, keep pointing out Jake as the main reason for this horrible team's record. 

5 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Most of our guys can’t hit a slider, and swing and miss on any balls out of the zone. .  Need to take a strike before swinging for the first time.

And sliders are all they are going to see until they start laying off them.

Edited by The Mighty Mite