Sox vs Seamen

Heads22

17 minutes ago, Snopek said:

You seem very quick to call many of the players dumb with no baseball IQ, but with Jake it’s the coaches fault?

Also, you seem to be 100% sure that the coaches aren’t coaching him correctly or at all. Possible? Sure. It’s also possible that he’s not applying what they’re working with him on.

If you go back and read all my posts more carefully you will see I have been calling out the entire team. There are several posts from me mentioning how bad the entire team is regarding plate discipline stats. 

Neither one of us knows if the hitting coach works with Jake. You are taking on my comments of of context. The previous poster I was debating with said, it was not the job of the hitting coach to help the struggling hitter which is false.  

However, here is a key point, knowing so many hitters on this team swing at pitches outside the zone, makes me believe it is a coaching problem and maybe they are not spending ample time with these hitters.

Again, the team is 30th in pitches taken per at bat, 30th in swing % outside the zone and 30th in walks. I've stated this numerous times in many posts, so how am I defending only Jake and not calling out the others, when i keep stressing the team stat? Unless you are going to tell me it's Jakes stats alone why the Sox are 30th in all these key plate discipline flaws.

1 minute ago, The Kids Can Play said:

If you go back and read all my posts more carefully you will see I have been calling out the entire team. There are several posts from me mentioning how bad the entire team is regarding plate discipline stats. 

Neither one of us knows if the hitting coach works with Jake. You are taking on my comments of of context. The previous poster I was debating with said, it was not the job of the hitting coach to help the struggling hitter which is false.  

However, here is a key point, knowing so many hitters on this team swing at pitches outside the zone, makes me believe it is a coaching problem and maybe they are not spending ample time with these hitters.

Again, the team is 30th in pitches taken per at bat, 30th in swing % outside the zone and 30th in walks. I've stated this numerous times in many posts, so how am I defending only Jake and not calling out the others, when i keep stressing the team stat? Unless you are going to tell me it's Jakes stats alone why the Sox are 30th in all these key plate discipline flaws.

LMAO that is not what I was saying at all. You need to work on your reading comprehension.

Of course the hitting coach works with Jake. We could have the best hitting instruction in the league, but there’s only so many ways you can say “stop swinging at every damn pitch”.

5 minutes ago, almagest said:

LMAO that is not what I was saying at all. You need to work on your reading comprehension.

Of course the hitting coach works with Jake. We could have the best hitting instruction in the league, but there’s only so many ways you can say “stop swinging at every damn pitch”.

Wow, LMAO now. You not only have an issue with reading comprehension, but you have a memory problem. You never once said "of course the hitting coach works with Jake.

Here is your specific post to me:

There's no coaching that can help anyone if a player swings at almost every pitch. That is on them. He is having severe pitch recognition issues right now. 

I'm pretty sure that suggests from you it's all on Jake.

I am out of here to go take my family out to dinner. Have a nice evening and we can further debate this tomorrow. 

Just now, The Kids Can Play said:

Wow, LMAO now. You not only have an issue with reading comprehension, but you have a memory problem. You never once said "of course the hitting coach works with Jake.

Here is your specific post to me:

There's no coaching that can help anyone if a player swings at almost every pitch. That is on them. He is having severe pitch recognition issues right now. 

I'm pretty sure that suggests from you it's all on Jake.

I am out of here to go take my family out to dinner. Have a nice evening and we can further debate this tomorrow. 

Still having trouble reading I see. Let me know where I said it’s “not the job of the hitting coach to help the struggling hitter”.

23 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

None of the pitches he swung at was even close to the zone.  He needs to work the count particularly against breaking ball pitchers.

Send his ass down to Charlotte to work on plate discipline!!!

• Like 1

OMG I love me some Remillard. A bunt hit?? Are you serious? I wonder the last White Sox bunt single before Remy. And game tying and game winning singles?? A player actually cares to do the things it takes to win? I realize his current minor league body of work is not so good but thanks Remy for the win today. And I'll credit the bullpen for somehow doing what they did today. Good job. Drink some beers tonight.

-- It's almost as if Remy is an alien who watched the Sox from afar and stuck a middle finger to the MLB hitters by bunting beautifully and actually hitting important SINGLES. It's like this guy is a real baseball player.

Edited by greg775
  • Hawk 1

32 minutes ago, superchops70 said:

So they say. Right shoulder soarness. But I suspect it had more to do with hitting into a double play and the inexplicably getting doubled off first 

Timmy probably really is hurt. I wonder if deep down he's dying to get traded. He doesn't seem like he's Mr. White Sox now and forever but I could be mistaken of course. Don't want to throw out uninformed opinions and I certainly am uninformed in what TA's goals are. 

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, oldsox said:

I've been watching White Sox baseball before most of you were born, and I have never seen another player go into a long-term pout like Anderson has.

George Bell pouted a lot but u are right not as much as Anderson appears to pout.

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I already mentioned that the Dodgers have a nice catching prospect behind their #1 prospect who is a catcher. I think he is the Dodgers 7th rated prospect. Dalton Rushing in A+ . LHH might not be so great at catching though but has a good arm.

I'm convinced. We need a catcher for the next rebuild so TA for this guy and one or two more Dodgers prospects or MLB players, preferably a lefty pitcher.