Red Sox at White Sox, 6/23/23, 7:10 pm CDT.

Balta1701

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

TA and Vaughn's approach that inning was just as bad. Both guys were going out of their way not to pull the ball

pathetic

TA should not try to pull the ball. We all know what happens when that happens. He’s successful more times than not when he just goes the opposite way. 

• Like 1

Just now, Greg Hibbard said:

Sheets is hitting .179/.593 in June. He provides negative value at this point. The cup of coffee is now empty and it’s time. 

They're going to give the old excuse that Grifol is more confident with veterans like Sheets and Andrus than an Oscar Colas with his job on the line. 

3 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

TA should not try to pull the ball. We all know what happens when that happens. He’s successful more times than not when he just goes the opposite way. 

I would have agreed with that for years, but right now *all* he's trying to do is flip singles into RF. Hitting the ball with authority to the pull side would make everything easier for him again as a hitter.

• Hawk 1

Just now, Dan Pasqua said:

Reds are America's Team.  They do more baseball in one game than we do all season.  I ? them actually.  

Flying back from Spring Training this year and I watched a Reds game for a bit on the plane and thought "these guys look pretty good...eh its just Spring."

• Hawk 1

5 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Gavin Sheets, what exactly would you say.....you DO here....

"What do you say there Bob? A guy like that make it, yes or no? Aha, aha, I have to tell you that's precisely what I saw. I mean sometimes I just look at a guy, and I know, this fellow's not gonna make it. There's no fucking way. "

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I would have agreed with that for years, but right now *all* he's trying to do is flip singles into RF. Hitting the ball with authority to the pull side would make everything easier for him again as a hitter.

The dude has grounded out to SS with runners in scoring position more than I can count trying to pull the ball this year. He has literally been as predictable as the good ol Leury Garcia ground out to 2B. 

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Golden Sombrero for Duvall.

As usually the past several weeks, the pitchers have done their job tonight (4 hits, 1 earned run).

Every White Sox pitcher tonight has pitched well.  17 Red Sox strikeouts, a season high for them.  Our problem has been our terrible offense, lack of clutch hitting with RISP.

Just now, Vote4Pedro said:

The dude has grounded out to SS with runners in scoring position more than I can count trying to pull the ball this year. He has literally been as predictable as the good ol Leury Garcia ground out to 2B. 

Some pitches you can't hit the opposite way. TA will never walk or hit for power, but he should be physically capable of driving a pitch on his hands down the LF line for a double.