6/30 - Sox @ Vegas A’s of Oakland: 840CT

ChiSox59

Just now, wegner said:

Is crying an option? Asking for a friend.

I'd be crying too... the Sox sent out two pitchers who were basically flotsam and jetsam. Cannon fodder thinking they'd be enough to beat up the hapless A's. 

Oakland had the last laugh though.

Of course Rick Hahn somehow thought he could get by a full season with only five reliable starters.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'd be crying too... the Sox sent out two pitchers who were basically flotsam and jetsam. Cannon fodder thinking they'd be enough to beat up the hapless A's. 

Of course Rick Hahn somehow thought he could get by a full season with only five reliable starters.

Time will tell whether Beane's  $56.8M team wins the season series versus Hahn's White Sox.

• Like 1

Here's a question I have since it now seems according to Grifol that Kopech is going to miss his turn Sunday.

Why?

You've got a chance to beat a garbage team trying to lose, so they can move, yet you rest him now?

He can't rest next week say against the Cardinals?

Am I missing something here? Does pitching Sunday make that much difference?

Grifol is as big of a moron as Hahn. He fits right in with this organization.

Part of me hopes the Sox lose Sunday then Kopech loses next week just to show how stupid these people are. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The A's pitcher had an ERA of 6.5 and was 1-7. He holds the Sox to one run in five innings.

All you can do is laugh at the ineptness. 😄

The ineptitude hopefully is capped at trying to start a Remi and Beni poster night promo.

Uniquely sounds like the vocab of exiled Wagner Group general describing conditions on the ground in Bahkmut too.

Here's a question I have since it now seems according to Grifol that Kopech is going to miss his turn Sunday.

Why?

You've got a chance to beat a garbage team trying to lose, so they can move, yet you rest him now?

Part of me hopes the Sox lose Sunday then Kopech loses next week just to show how stupid these people are. 

Destroy the bullpen now so they can miraculously be revitalized through the ASB rest and recuperation.

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Why?

Yea you are missing that Kopech has completely melted down the last few starts and has lost his release point.  This isn’t rest, something is not right with Kopech (again).

pedro sucks, but this isn’t that problem.  This is a Kopech getting to 100 pitches in the 4th inning problem

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, wegner said:

He showed emotion after that last strikeout....the other day he was smiling in the dugout and looked like the old TA. I think you are so right...leaving him in the 2 hole is not helping him or the team. 

He cost them thr game.  Maybe dumb Pedro and inept Hahn helped but Anderson was worthless. 

It's kind of amazing how bad Pedro is. 

I' ve never seen  an All Star player so young completely collapse as Anderson has this year. He's only 30 years old and is  lost at the plate. The second time he struck out last night he took 3 pitches right done the middle of the plate. His last at bat he swung at a pitch and missed it by 2 feet. If this continues the rest of the year I wouldn't be surprised if the team didn't pickup his option for 2024. I thought there was a possibility he might be traded at the deadline. I don't  think that is going to happen. I don't think any other team would want him. He can't produce offensively of defensively anymore.

29 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Someone in White Sox management should tell Anderson that it would be beneficial to the team if he were to get a hit occasionally.

Maybe if he has a few bunt singles it can get him going.

8 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Why?

I really doubt any of that is Grifols calll.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, harkness99 said:

andrew vaughn may be the slowest professional athelete ive ever seen.

I think John Daly could beat him to first.

You never saw Sherm Lollar who was a great catcher and a damn good hitter but by far the slowest MLB player I’ve seen in 71 years as a White Sox and MLB fan. 
I’m pretty sure that AV is faster than Grandal.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

25 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

You never saw Sherm Lollar who was a great catcher and a damn good hitter but by far the slowest MLB player I’ve seen in 71 years as a White Sox and MLB fan. 
I’m pretty sure that AV is faster than Grandal.

Yes, he was slow.  I still remember him trying to score from first on a double in Game 2 of 1959 WS.  Oh well.

The slowest I have seen was Harold Baines at tail end of his career.  Knees were shot. Konerko was slower than Vaughn, too.

1 minute ago, oldsox said:

Yes, he was slow.  I still remember him trying to score from first on a double in Game 2 of 1959 WS.  Oh well.

The slowest I have seen was Harold Baines at tail end of his career.  Knees were shot. Konerko was slower than Vaughn, too.

I was at game 2 of the 59 WS and still have nightmares with Lollar trying to to score, that was 3B Coach Tony Cucinello’s fault especially with no outs and Lollar the tying run. If we would have won that game I would bet we would have won the Series, of course IF is the largest world in the dictionary.

9 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The A's pitcher had an ERA of 6.5 and was 1-7. He holds the Sox to one run in five innings.

All you can do is laugh at the ineptness. 😄

You're right and this seems to be the Sox MO going back for years. The Sox always seem to allow their bats to go dormant making garbage pitchers look like Cy Young. 

• Hawk 1

9 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Why?

I agree. He was garbage against the Angels and pitching against the As allows at least a chance to rebound from that. He is pretty fragile mentally. Despite what his dad says...

The Sox keep reinventing new ways to further embarrass themselves. 

1. Going into the game, the A's were 30th in runs scored at 3.49 per game. The Sox allow the A's 7 runs.

2. Going into the game, the A's were 30th in ERA at 6.08. The Sox score 4 runs.

3. The A's starter Medina going into game was 1-7 with a 6.84 ERA. The Sox bats go dormant and Medina goes 5 IP and 1 ER.

When Grifol was announced as the new Sox manager, at the press conference one of the key things he stressed was, the Sox players would be playing with intensity and hustle...because as he put it, the Sox name on their jersey means something, so they will play with pride. A good manager who actually was passionate about his promises and beliefs, would have Andrus out of the lineup today.

Grifol was a horrible hire and once again, another reason Hahn has to be fired for that and all his other numerous organizational failures. 

From JR to RH, this entire organization is the most underachieving, embarrassing and dysfunctional team in baseball. 

2023 White Sox Mantra continues in strong fashion: STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES!

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1

• Capn12 unpinned this topic