7/6- White Sox vs Blue Jays, Gm 1, 4:10

flavum

26 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

You don't trade Robert. Most of this roster is expendable, but guys like him aren't going to be easy to find. Matter of fact, to me, the entire outfield stays: 1 because he is cheap and controllable with potential, 1 because he is a legitimate superstar who is signed under value, and one because no one will take his contract for what he provides with 4 years left.

Everyone else is on the table.

Only fools would talk about trading Robert. 

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Capn12 said:

The pitcher version of Yoan Moncada is back in his old stomping grounds....the IL.

Says a lot about how awesome this organization is, when we're throwing Jesse Scholtens, Nick Padilla and Tanner Banks out there, as our pitchers first up from AAA when needed.

So that's who now on the IL currently Clevinger, Kopech, Hendriks and Kelly ? Am I missing any pitcher ?

35 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So that's who now on the IL currently Clevinger, Kopech, Hendriks and Kelly ? Am I missing any pitcher ?

Crochet.

Doesn't bother me that Kelly is on the IL save for blowing trade chances.

But.....

The injury epidemic continues unabated for the "first rate" Sox medical, training and conditioning staffs. 🤡

35 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Crochet.  Tho he'll be back soon. 

The Whitesox.com injury report says he won't be back until August and Hahn didn't mention him at all on Tuesday for whatever that's worth. c

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This was before Kelly went on the DL, but Bob Nightengale said he would be shocked if all of Giolito, Lynn, Clevinger, Kelly, Graveman and Bummer are not traded.

If all those guys are traded then I expect the Sox to challenge Oakland for the worst record. Might not catch them but we'd have a shot at KC.

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The Whitesox.com injury report says he won't be back until August and Hahn didn't mention him at all on Tuesday for whatever that's worth. c

He's already progressed to AAA in rehab and is scheduled to pitch today. He'll be back well before August.  That thing is about as worthless as Merkin's "reporting"

• Like 1

Great ab by Benintendi - had some pitches to hit and didn't but also had a 10 pitch at-bat and worked a walk. Wish more of these idiots could do that when they foul off hittable pitches.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CBJ03 said:

He's too valuable to trade. You'd be hoping to get a player of his caliber back and most likely wont. He's under a great contract for someone of his stature and he's just about to turn 26. They should do everything they can do to build around him while he's here, not look to get rid of him. 

Agree. Robert is the main reason to watch the Sox this season.  It will deflate the reducing fan base.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pcq said:

Gavin Sheets changes the whole lineup when he is in there. 

Are you sure? Its not like his nearly 250 games and 786 plate apperances are enough to make a determination on. 

Edited by CBJ03

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

what happened?

Bought a ticket a while back for Italian night to get the Sox hat with it. Family obligations meant I couldn't go. Got a reprieve with the double header...I called this morning and was told I could get cap during game 1.....nope....maybe can get it after 5:40....talked to customer service no help at all. If they don't let me get it at 5:40 I'm really gonna be pissed.

• Like 1