7/7: Cards @ Sox

ChiSox59

4 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Sox were tired of him taken all these national assignments over them. Honestly don't blame them for that. And also like connor McKnight. He called some of the game on the radio and was thinking the same.

I know that too. Fact is the best MLB announcers get national audiences because they are....good. I hope we are not too short sighted to f*** that up. Brian Anderson in Milwaukee is an example, he can't work a lot of games but the Brewers know he's good.

4 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

As the biggest Colas supporter out there, I can definitely say, he has not looked good tonight, at all. Pitch recognition is definitely not there.

He seems to lose all sense of the zone in big spots 

Will take pretty much anyone over Beckham.

And, as an added bonus...he becomes a GM candidate with Getz his main competition.  Not to mention he won't be so deferential as an ex athlete. 

Finally, already living in Chicago.

"A native of Cohasset, Massachusetts, Monaco was a three-sport athlete at Cohasset High School. He attended the University of Notre Dame and wrote for the school's student newspaper with the intent to become a Major League Baseball general manager, similar to the path former Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein had when he attended Yale.[1] Monaco eventually transitioned to the school radio station at Notre Dame and subsequently began his broadcasting career.

Monaco currently resides in Chicago."[2]

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

He seems to lose all sense of the zone in big spots 

This is most of our players. I am curious as to how the current staff might function with a roster/system that wasn't, you know, ours.

19 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I've read this before but he does view the White Sox as a team he was to be with so I think things would need to go badly to make that happen. 

Criticize me, but I also don't think Connor McKnight is terrible?

I liked McKnight.  I think he'd be fine.  I  think Stone makes any PBP guy look bad now.  Kind of sad as I once thought Stone was the best. 

• Fire 1

23 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

This is what FUN .....BAD looks like. 

Fine........we went through this for 4 years in the rebuild. This reminds of that. Although we are in our contention window 

I’ve been saying that since that ten game losing streak.  They have reached fun bad.  Finding new exciting ways to lose.  It’s hilarious.

6 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I liked McKnight.  I think he'd be fine.  I  think Stone makes any PBP guy look bad now.  Kind of sad as I once thought Stone was the best. 

I think it takes someone a long time to get comfortable in the booth with Stone. He's a good analyst but it takes the right guy paired with him, and the product has to be not be godawful on the field

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I’ve been saying that since that ten game losing streak.  They have reached fun bad.  Finding new exciting ways to lose.  It’s hilarious.

Fun bad only happens when you can score runs and give up runs

• Like 1