7/8 Games

BamaDoc

Some bright spots on the farm after a bleak showing by the big league club.

3 more no hit innings for Schultz, 3K and 35 pitches. Allowed one baserunner on a HBP in the first.

Mena struggled with command in the first, but seems to be settling in.

The Knights are teeing off on Cueto, including Sosa with a HR and 1B.

Burke pushed his on base streak to 45 with a walk. Colson already 2-2, including a 2 RBI double.

Cannon should be pitching the 3rd or 4th in the Futures Game shortly.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

Holy s%*# mason adams with a 5 scoreless inning 10 k day behind Schulz

Yeah, they've been a great duo. He piggy backed the last Schultz start too, and that outing was even better than this one (6IP/11K scoreless).

And unlike the Sox, tonight Kanny wins a game where their pitching struck out 14, 2-1.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 6:53 PM, Autumn Dreamin said:

Some bright spots on the farm after a bleak showing by the big league club.

3 more no hit innings for Schultz, 3K and 35 pitches. Allowed one baserunner on a HBP in the first.

Mena struggled with command in the first, but seems to be settling in.

The Knights are teeing off on Cueto, including Sosa with a HR and 1B.

Burke pushed his on base streak to 45 with a walk. Colson already 2-2, including a 2 RBI double.

Cannon should be pitching the 3rd or 4th in the Futures Game shortly.

Schultz's start was very impressive once again, going 3 innings which was his longest start thus far. 

I know it's only 5 starts and it's only low A, but OMG, the stats are absolutely ridiculous:

GS   IP   H   R   ER  HR  HB  BB  SO  WHIP  AVE
5     12   1    0    0     0     0    0    16    0.17  .027

I know you never want to rush a talented pitcher, but at some point Noah needs to go to Winston-Salem this season. 

When the Sox drafted Chris Sale man years ago, they moved him up through the minors very quickly. I'm not saying Noah Schultz is Chris Sale and I get that you were advancing a 3rd year college player versus a high school senior. However the fact is, Schultz has officially proven he can pitch well at the low A level, so it's time to move him up to the Dash.

Then again, it's not surprising why the Sox organization has such a horrible farm system and major league roster. 

4 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Schultz's start was very impressive once again, going 3 innings which was his longest start thus far. 

I know it's only 5 starts and it's only low A, but OMG, the stats are absolutely ridiculous:

GS   IP   H   R   ER  HR  HB  BB  SO  WHIP  AVE
5     12   1    0    0     0     0    0    16    0.17  .027

I know you never want to rush a talented pitcher, but at some point Noah needs to go to Winston-Salem this season. 

When the Sox drafted Chris Sale man years ago, they moved him up through the minors very quickly. I'm not saying Noah Schultz is Chris Sale and I get that you were advancing a 3rd year college player versus a high school senior. However the fact is, Schultz has officially proven he can pitch well at the low A level, so it's time to move him up to the Dash.

Then again, it's not surprising why the Sox organization has such a horrible farm system and major league roster. 

When my dad was bemoaning the future of the Sox (fair), I said at least Schultz and Montgomery were bright spots. He said "so what, Schultz is 19, who cares what his stats are."

Man, a 19-year-old carving up affiliate ball like that is something to be really, really excited about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quin said:

When my dad was bemoaning the future of the Sox (fair), I said at least Schultz and Montgomery were bright spots. He said "so what, Schultz is 19, who cares what his stats are."

Man, a 19-year-old carving up affiliate ball like that is something to be really, really excited about.

I totally agree with you. There is more excitement waiting for Schultz, Montgomery and some of the other Sox bright minor league potential stars to make it to the majors, than waiting for this present Sox ML roster to do anything great.