7/9: Cards @ Sox: Matz vs. Giolito, 1:10 CT

Capn12

3 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Eh. He's about the only player Sox fans can look forward to watching. I say let him play for the fans.

If you don’t ever rest him at some point he won’t be available for an extended period for the fans.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Oliver Marmol makes Grifol look like Connie Mack.  Cardinal fans are used to a well run organization...this is how other fans feel watching the White Sox.....why the hell do I still watch the White Sox? 

Connie Mack is not a compliment. His win record is primarily based on sitting on his ass for over a half century as team owner and manager.

He has a .486 winning percentage, something Hahn will never come close to touching, but still a losing record.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Connie Mack is not a compliment. His win record is primarily based on sitting on his ass for over a half century as team owner and manager.

It's a little before my time but I saw a photo of the stadium named after him yesterday and that's why I choose him... I figured if they name a stadium after him he must have done something right although Charles Comiskey is never confused with being a prince of an owner. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

It's a little before my time but I saw a photo of the stadium named after him yesterday and that's why I choose him... I figured if they name a stadium after him he must have done something right although Charles Comiskey is never confused with being a prince of an owner. 

I saw the Phillies play the Dodgers at old Connie Mack Stadium in Philly back in 1967, what a dump.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Fire 1

40 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Having legitimate CF coverage for 35 + opponent at bats > the difference between possibly scratching out an additional hit across 2 1/2 games (10 plate appearances bottom of order).

Not to mention late game / extra inning stolen bases so you can score in the 10th inning which the Sox weren't able to do against Toronto Thursday and several other games earlier this year.

Since they are not trying to win ballgames, Haseley is cromulent as well since he can play better CF than anyone else on the roster beyond Roberts the past two seasons (since Billy was here in 2021).

Billy would be a late inning replacement and that’s fine if you afford the roster spot or block young players 

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

Billy would be a late inning replacement and that’s fine if you afford the roster spot or block young players 

The Sox punt away one or two roster spots everyday, the latest Benintendi taking up a spot today post surgery.

Not sure how anyone can argue Carlos Perez taking up a spot to literally just sit there game in and game out. He was up a week in May and ten days this latest stint to bat a total of six times, catch 3 2/3 innings total.