Sox v Braves @ 6:20 GAME THREAD

2Deep

1 minute ago, oldsox said:

Why would they start Kopech first game after the break? All pitchers are rested.  Sorry if someone else already asked this.

He had the most rest, I assume. If you look around baseball, it's pretty split whether teams use their best pitchers or most rested starters coming out of the break.

Atlanta has seven hitters with 14 + HRs YTD. The Sox have two Robert Jr. (26) and Burger (19).

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2023.shtml

• 12 Vaughn and Eloy
  • 8 Sheets
  • 6 Zavala and Grandal
  • 3 Moncada, Gonzalez, Alberto
  • 2 Andrus
  • 1 Benintendi, Colas, Sosa
  • 0 Anderson, Frazier, Hamilton, Haseley, Marsinick, Perez, Remillard, Rodriguez.
  • 103 Total (Atlanta 169)

As expected this series is gonna be ugly (capn obvious). Surprised it's only 4-0 although that's a decent lead for the Braves. Atlanta has won 5 divisional titles in a row; I always hoped the Sox could do that in the weak Central. i had major hopes of dominance after 05. But we didn't build on success; our team rested on laurels, Oz got cocky and all that and boom. We stink.

Nice throw by Colas though. I liked.

God only knows how the Sox worked Kopech the last few weeks. Should get some work in before his next start to lock down command, give him Zavala for the love of God so he can throw pitches with confidence they will be blocked/caught if he misses.

Edited by South Side Hit Men