Merkin/Grifol..."By no means is this over"

caulfield12

49 minutes ago, T R U said:

We’ll it’s not like he’s going to say “yup we suck, it’s over”

“We know we aren’t in a good spot, we know there are probably going to be changes here soon, but the message I sent to everyone is that I want to see them at their best the next few weeks. I want to see them work hard in the cages and on the mounds, I want to see them prepare well before the games. You’re going to start seeing us be better and more prepared than we have been; and that’s going to be our path for the future.”

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

“We know we aren’t in a good spot, we know there are probably going to be changes here soon, but the message I sent to everyone is that I want to see them at their best the next few weeks. I want to see them work hard in the cages and on the mounds, I want to see them prepare well before the games. You’re going to start seeing us be better and more prepared than we have been; and that’s going to be our path for the future.”

Does it really matter what he says? We all know it’s over, so do they. 

17 minutes ago, T R U said:

Does it really matter what he says? We all know it’s over, so do they. 

Honestly, kinda. 

If there’s one thing I’ve thought has been missing from this organization for 15 years, from the GMs on down; it’s been professionalism. That doesn’t mean you can’t have fun, but that means you respect your colleagues, you put in your work, you know the guy next to you is doing his best. It’s a billion dollar business, maybe treating it like that.

From the White Sox, we always get these childish tantrums. This sounds like me when I was 8 years old and not wanting to go to bed. “Balta come on it’s 8:30” “waaaa no it’s not over”. 

This is how the manager handles his business and you expect me to spend extra time doing fielding drills? To study a scouting report in detail?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Honestly, kinda. 

If there’s one thing I’ve thought has been missing from this organization for 15 years, from the GMs on down; it’s been professionalism. That doesn’t mean you can’t have fun, but that means you respect your colleagues, you put in your work, you know the guy next to you is doing his best. It’s a billion dollar business, maybe treating it like that.

From the White Sox, we always get these childish tantrums. This sounds like me when I was 8 years old and not wanting to go to bed. “Balta come on it’s 8:30” “waaaa no it’s not over”. 

This is how the manager handles his business and you expect me to spend extra time doing fielding drills? To study a scouting report in detail?

You are exactly right.  I go back to Thibs with the Bulls you felt that the guy was in charge.  This crap is a clown car.  Other then a few pitchers  Im not sure there is a professional in that organization.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Pedro Grifol is such a fucking pansy.  Just an incredible loser who is somehow worse at his job than a zombie Tony La Russa.  Dude better get s%*#-canned as soon as the season ends.

First off he's not getting fired unless Hahn does. Ozzie threw shade at him tonight on the postgame as well.

36 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

First off he's not getting fired unless Hahn does. Ozzie threw shade at him tonight on the postgame as well.

Hopefully they both go, but this team (which is admittedly flawed) has performed at the worst case level of potential performance and that’s on Grifol.  Dude is softer than a fucking pillow and has allowed the team to already quit on him.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 3