Eloy...yet again...

Lip Man 1

23 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

So much hate for Eloy.

The hate would not be there if we were a winning team.

We don't suck because of Eloy.

We suck because of........

Moncada, andrus, colas/sheets, kopech, most bullpen guys (too many to name) Tim Anderson, Lynn, Vaughn.........

ELOY is not the problem. We are blinded. Put ELOY on Tampa or Atlanta and watch what happens 

Understand baseball and what you see.......you should see a lot of s%*# when u watch white sox baseball........ELOY is not that

The inability for Eloy to seemingly go a month without injuring himself and missing games is PART of the issues with this club.

I repeat, he could be the second coming of Aaron, Mantle, Musial, Frank Robinson or Mays but I've yet to see a guy able to hit from the bench, a hospital bed or in a walking boot.  

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 2Deep said:

So much hate for Eloy.

Moncada, andrus, colas/sheets, kopech, most bullpen guys (too many to name) Tim Anderson, Lynn, Vaughn.........

ELOY is not the problem. We are blinded. Put ELOY on Tampa or Atlanta and watch what happens 

Understand baseball and what you see.......you should see a lot of s%*# when u watch white sox baseball........ELOY is not that

There’s not hate for Jimenez.  He seems likable enough.  Can hit the ball far in the rare times he’s not injured.  He is certainly part of the problem.  This board had him a perpetual All Star when they acquired him.  Now six years later he’s hurt all the time.  Likable guy but not really helping and part of the reason the rebuild did not succeed.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, 2Deep said:

So much hate for Eloy.

Eloy has a sub .800 OPS. He has a poor, white Sox style approach at the plate, hitting tons of ground balls and swinging wildly outside the zone. This performance is absolutely a problem. It’s not good at all. Atlanta’s backup catcher is outperforming this. We suck because Eloy is not a good DH and he’s a terrible OF. 

For some reason there is a community of people who accuse anyone of hating Eloy if they don’t imagine that he’s putting up the same numbers that they fantasize he’s putting up. People who say they wouldnt trade him for a top prospect because he might hit 40 homers (he won’t) or who compare him to Frank Thomas. Am I hating on Eloy because I don’t respect it and am angered when people compare him to one of the best hitters I’ve ever seen? Or because I’ve watched baseball and a slow guy grounding into double plays and not doing enough to offset it counts to me as a bad player? Fine, I’ll take that. Call me names and cheer for your 67 win team all you want.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Eloy has a sub .800 OPS. He has a poor, white Sox style approach at the plate, hitting tons of ground balls and swinging wildly outside the zone. This performance is absolutely a problem. It’s not good at all. Atlanta’s backup catcher is outperforming this. We suck because Eloy is not a good DH and he’s a terrible OF. 

For some reason there is a community of people who accuse anyone of hating Eloy if they don’t imagine that he’s putting up the same numbers that they fantasize he’s putting up. People who say they wouldnt trade him for a top prospect because he might hit 40 homers (he won’t) or who compare him to Frank Thomas. Am I hating on Eloy because I don’t respect it and am angered when people compare him to one of the best hitters I’ve ever seen? Or because I’ve watched baseball and a slow guy grounding into double plays and not doing enough to offset it counts to me as a bad player? Fine, I’ll take that. Call me names and cheer for your 67 win team all you want.

Who compares Eloy to Frank? They're completely different hitters. Why does any of this make you angry?

On 7/20/2023 at 6:14 PM, tray said:

Eloy is the type of bat we have not seen since Big Frank. He has a great eye at the plate and immense power to all fields.

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

Who compares Eloy to Frank? They're completely different hitters. Why does any of this make you angry?

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, 2Deep said:

So much hate for Eloy.

I tend to agree with this. Eloy is not the problem. The problem is much deeper.

However, I do wish he was playing better and could stay healthy. Those are legitimate concerns (I think he is hurting now if I am reading his movements correctly on the base paths yesterday). And if you are going to compare Frank with Eloy, you are going to be disappointed. Frank was a generational talent.

Eloy can still be a useful bat, though. I mean, who hits behind Eloy? Do you really think he is going to get good pitches to hit? At least Robert has Eloy hitting behind him to provide some protection. Eloy just needs to be better and quit thinking he needs to be the hero. But he is not the problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Never once have i compared him to Frank Thomas.  Eloy is not the reason this team sucks.  

Giving up on a 27 year old slugger for a prospect is the type of crap this organization would do.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Never once have i compared him to Frank Thomas.  Eloy is not the reason this team sucks.  

Giving up on a 27 year old slugger for a prospect is the type of crap this organization would do.  

As has been quoted someone else in this thread in a defense of Eloy DID compare him to Thomas.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Holding onto a guy into his 6th season who is this bad of a DH and insisting he’s not a part of the problem and they’ll be meeting their goals next year is much much more the type of crap this organization would do. For some reason, certain of their fans sticking their heads in the ground and defending these weak players is also the kind of crap we hear from this organization and it’s fanbase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well....how many years consecutively has someone said how easy it was to find a 2B (compared to SS)?

Well the White Sox somehow produced four All Stars at the much harder position...but none at second.

Unfortunately only one of those players really helped the White Sox in Anderson.

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

We suck because Eloy is not a good DH and he’s a terrible OF. 

For some reason there is a community of people who accuse anyone of hating Eloy if they don’t imagine that he’s putting up the same numbers that they fantasize he’s putting up. 

Yeah I think we don't hate Eloy. We probably should postpone judging players until Sox get better manager and coaches and a better lead trainer/fitness instructor, somebody to help keep these guys healthier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Holding onto a guy into his 6th season who is this bad of a DH and insisting he’s not a part of the problem and they’ll be meeting their goals next year is much much more the type of crap this organization would do. For some reason, certain of their fans sticking their heads in the ground and defending these weak players is also the kind of crap we hear from this organization and it’s fanbase.

Yes.....makes a lot of sense to give up on a 27 year old who produces and still has potential to be better.

That is the crap dumbass fans are asking for.

We disagree so I will move on.....

Edited by 2Deep

17 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Yes.....makes a lot of sense to give up on a 27 year old who produces and still has potential to be better.

That is the crap dumbass fans are asking for.

We disagree so I will move on.....

The question moving forward is WHAT will he produce?

Hard to produce much when you can't stay healthy is it?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2Deep said:

There was someone else on the thread who compared him to Thomas.

Jimenez is certainly part of the problem if they were counting on him to be an All Star or close to it and he can’t stay on the field.

His high is 122(!) games played in 2019.

He hasn’t sniffed 100 since.  He’s played in 64% of the games this year and if he misses that pace he misses 100 games this year.

He definitely is part of the problem.

Not that you trade him but you don’t absolve him of responsibility.  If he doesn’t contribute he’s part of the problem.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

There was someone else on the thread who compared him to Thomas.

Jimenez is certainly part of the problem if they were counting on him to be an All Star or close to it and he can’t stay on the field.

His high is 122(!) games played in 2019.

He hasn’t sniffed 100 since.  He’s played in 64% of the games this year and if he misses that pace he misses 100 games this year.

He definitely is part of the problem.

Not that you trade him but you don’t absolve him of responsibility.  If he doesn’t contribute he’s part of the problem.

Even if he’s healthy he isn’t producing. Over the last 3 years combined he has an .801 OPS. For a DH who can’t run and is awful when he plays the field, that’s not good. For $13 million next year? Yuck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Even if he’s healthy he isn’t producing. Over the last 3 years combined he has an .801 OPS. For a DH who can’t run and is awful when he plays the field, that’s not good. For $13 million next year? Yuck.

League average Ops is 730

Yes, Eloy sucks and trade him for some jabroni prospect who will be the next coming .........

• Like 1

Big Frank is a Hall of Famer, no one -to one comparison intended...buy Eloy is a very large man who nonetheless has a good eye at the plate... .276 batting average over five years.....276 is not good for the big man?  I think it is and further that Andrew Vaughn's  .252. BA is acceptable unless the Sox have an alternative....and it isn't Sheets. So I want to keep Eloy, Robert, Burger, and Vaughn, but not many others. Unlike some other fans, I do not fall in love with certain players or hold grudges against them. Trade any or all of them, but be careful what you wish for. Things could get worse next season....a lot worse.

• Hawk 1

2 hours ago, 2Deep said:

Yes, Eloy sucks and trade him for some jabroni prospect who will be the next coming .........

And if you trade Eloy, expect Robert’s numbers to crater. If I am an opposing pitcher, no way I give Luis a pitch to hit with what the Sox will have left for any protection.

2 hours ago, 2Deep said:

And if you trade Eloy, expect Robert’s numbers to crater. If I am an opposing pitcher, no way I give Luis a pitch to hit with what the Sox will have left for any protection.

7 hours ago, tray said:

Big Frank is a Hall of Famer, no one -to one comparison intended...buy Eloy is a very large man who nonetheless has a good eye at the plate... .276 batting average over five years.....276 is not good for the big man?  I think it is and further that Andrew Vaughn's  .252. BA is acceptable unless the Sox have an alternative....and it isn't Sheets. So I want to keep Eloy, Robert, Burger, and Vaughn, but not many others. Unlike some other fans, I do not fall in love with certain players or hold grudges against them. Trade any or all of them, but be careful what you wish for. Things could get worse next season....a lot worse.

Leave the burger, take the cannoli.

Career OBP

• Jake Burger .289 OBP
  • Ozzie Guillen .287 OBP
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, tray said:

Holes in the rotation, little depth, significant decrease in team payroll, injuries continuing.

We already know next season is going to be brutally bad regardless if Eloy is with the club or not.  Him playing 75 or so games again in 2024 will not make one iota of difference.

• Like 3