GameThread: White Sox @ Twins

Kyyle23

Just now, baseballgalaly said:

I'm not going to argue against the Crochet pick. It was worth the gamble if the Sox didn't rush him to the Majors and they actually gave him time to build up his arm. 

The pick wasn't bad, what happened afterwards was brutal. 

He never struck me as someone who could handle starting every 5th day

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

He never struck me as someone who could handle starting every 5th day

Yeah but lefties that throw 102 with a wicked slider don't grow on trees. 

Sox player development (or lack thereof) fucked him up. He should have been an Aroldis Chapman level closer at worst. 

Also the Sox TJS guys are losing significant stuff after surgery. They should re-evaluate their TJS rehab protocol. 

He always had significant reliever risk, but they didn't even try to start him. 

Edited by baseballgalaly
  • Fire 2

8 minutes ago, CBJ03 said:

Personal opinion is that he doesn't throw enough strikes to ever make it as a starter. 

You mean the kind of thing you try to get better at in the minor leagues while also building up innings?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

You mean the kind of thing you try to get better at in the minor leagues while also building up innings?

I'm not arguing the developmental path chosen was correct. He just looks like a guy who consistently struggles to stay in sync during his delivery. Could he have figured that out in the minors? Absolutley. He just depends on that dumb high leg kick and doesnt seem to want to ditch it. I was just giving my opinion that I dont think he would've become an effective starter long term. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CBJ03 said:

I'm not arguing the developmental path chosen was correct. He just looks like a guy who consistently struggles to stay in sync during his delivery. Could he have figured that out in the minors? Absolutley. He just depends on that dumb high leg kick and doesnt seem to want to ditch it. I was just giving my opinion that I dont think he would've become an effective starter long term. 

if they wanted to make a mechanical change to help with that, it would have cost them precious middle relief innings while he worked on it. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

if they wanted to make a mechanical change to help with that, it would have cost them precious middle relief innings while he worked on it. 

Tony wouldn't stand for it. Kopech and Crochet in 2021 Bullpen.

An assist to Jerry for the 102 game 2020 lockout to prevent Crochet from minor league work.

7 minutes ago, CBJ03 said:

I also think his stuff would have been way down if he tried to pace himself 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I also think his stuff would have been way down if he tried to pace himself 

The 102 MPH fastball was what made him special when he debuted. His slider is fine, but the lack of the 3rd pitch wouldve been a problem as well. Once again not aruing the choice to put him in the pen and not sending him to the minors was the correct call. 

Edited by CBJ03

pedro is bad.. but i cant blame him for the decade pluse negligence of how to play winning baseball that this s%*# stain organization perfects.

look at the young twins hitters and how they work the count and remaind disciplined and calm....

compared to our spaztic, whimsical and undisciplined hitters who have no plan.