Sox Twins Gamethread

Heads22

19 under .500. wowsie. Did Sox get swept this series or did we win one? Man this team is a cure for insomnia. 13 more whiffs; four by Robert. I can't think of a Sox team in my lifetime as unlikeable as this one. As good as Robert and Burger can be on a given night ... other nights they are utterly unlikeable. Yes even Robert. I wonder who can turn this mess around.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

I think we all feel helpless with this botched abortion of a team. I'm emotionally detaching myself. We continue to be 2nd class in a 2 mlb team city. Not changing anytime soon 

Sox management doesn't know nor does it care but I am emotionally detached as well. The team is so badly constructed it's obvious there's no hope of .500 even for many many years. And if a diehard like myself is detached, what about others? Attendance has actually been pretty good. Wonder if that would change considering the growing apathy.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Sox management doesn't know nor does it care but I am emotionally detached as well. The team is so badly constructed it's obvious there's no hope of .500 even for many many years. And if a diehard like myself is detached, what about others? Attendance has actually been pretty good. Wonder if that would change considering the growing apathy.

Would love to see attendance below 10k per game rest of season. Just to make a statement 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Somebody in the front office must have seen today's game and gone into a rant. Whether it was JR, KW,RH. or PG, one of them must have exploded after this game. Someone should have been traded or DFA. Maybe someone in the front office should have been fired.  Maybe someone in the FO should be having a closed door meeting tomorrow including interpreters with the team and screamed at them.

This is an embarrassment to the fans of this team who cannot believe what we are seeing.  Tomorrow heads should  begin to roll and continue once the trade deadline opens. 

36 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Gonna need to go to nothing but night games including fireworks and maybe throw in a bobble head at each game

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Anderson LAD for Emmet Sheehan & River Ryan

Giolito and Lopez to TEX for Sebastian Walcott & Mitch Bratt

Cease to BAL for Jordan Westburg, Joey Ortiz & Coby Mayo

Grandal to HOU for Edinson Batista

Let's get some of these nitwits out of here. Go to hell, Rick

Only to have new nitwits.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

Was Abreu holding this team together? Kicking a few guys in the ass so that they weren’t a complete embarrassment? 

If he was he did a bad job of it. Literally no one thought last year was a well motivated professional team. 2016? 2015? A 13 year old kid was their coach because no one else was useful.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

We’ve been in “root for losses” territory for a few weeks now. Job well done boys, way to keep the hopes of a top 5 pick alive 

LOL! I'm sure there's another Vaughn or Madrigal out there for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Has Soxfest been cancelled yet? These friggin cowards don't want to face the music. Get some balls and answer questions from the fans who you bamboozled with your championship window debacle. 

• Like 7
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

If he was he did a bad job of it. Literally no one thought last year was a well motivated professional team. 2016? 2015? A 13 year old kid was their coach because no one else was useful.

I wasn't saying that he was keeping them competitive, but rather keeping a few guys going so that the team wasn't a complete disaster. 

6 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

I wasn't saying that he was keeping them competitive, but rather keeping a few guys going so that the team wasn't a complete disaster. 

The team last year wasn’t a complete disaster because they got ridiculous lucky performances out of Cueto, Andrus, and Zavala….and they also had a top 5 record in 1 run games, as good as Cleveland.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The team last year wasn’t a complete disaster because they got ridiculous lucky performances out of Cueto, Andrus, and Zavala….and they also had a top 5 record in 1 run games, as good as Cleveland.

The Sox this year are 15-20 in 1 run games. I'm actually surprised it isn't worse than that.

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Please please please make Hahn the athletic director at Northwestern...

Then make him hire Getz as the new NW baseball coach.  Sweet dreams are made of this.  Who am I to disagree…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Why would we expect these clowns to win games when they still have the same poor plate approach and discipline.

13 K's 0 BB, 11 groundball outs. This is a seriously flawed offensive team with a really dumb baseball IQ.

That was Graveman's 4th blown save and 2nd in his last three attempts. When is Grifol going to make a note to himself, that it's not a good idea to let Graveman close games. 

Not only does Grifol need to be fired, but also Katz as he doesn't bring anything to this staff. 

Great job from Hahn in building a reliable bullpen, as well as having plenty of good arms to bring up from AAA. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Why would we expect these clowns to win games when they still have the same poor plate approach and discipline.

13 K's 0 BB, 11 groundball outs. This is a seriously flawed offensive team with a really dumb baseball IQ.

That was Graveman's 4th blown save and 2nd in his last three attempts. When is Grifol going to make a note to himself, that it's not a good idea to let Graveman close games. 

Not only does Grifol need to be fired, but also Katz as he doesn't bring anything to this staff. 

Great job from Hahn in building a reliable bullpen, as well as having plenty of good arms to bring up from AAA. ?

Well the bullpen can at least say they are well paid for their incompetence...the highest paid bullpen in the game! ?

• Haha 1