GT 7/26: CUBS @ SOX, 7:10 pm CT, NBCSC

1 minute ago, fathom said:

These asshole kept the Cubs playoff hopes alive.  Tonight was the last game I wanted them to win. 

Crazy thing is Brewers won 10/13 against the Reds and they're already finished playing for the year.

Same with Cubs/Cardinals being finished after this weekend.

Doesn't seem right...going to be much harder to chase down individual teams with six less against divisional opponents in the dog days of August and Sept.

3 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

And he’s probably closer to getting fired than Hahn is.

That's crazy and so true. But that's the difference between one organization that has an owner who cares and has high expectations and another where the owner could care less and there are no expectations.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t think it impacts Giolito market very much either way. Different teams going after Giolito, as I would be shocked if Dodgers or Reds wanted the piece of s%*#.

Is Stroman an unsavory individual?

Long Time Loser GM hires 1st time manager from losing organization, to lead and mentor a roster of massively underachieving, questionable effort giving, oft-injured players, under the guise of an indifferent owner in his 80s, with no regard for success or improvement.

What can go wrong?

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, fathom said:

Pedro have any idea that Leiter has reverse splits?  Holy s%*# is that guy stupid

I'm really beginning to wonder if he is trying to win these games at all. He pissed away that 7-2 lead by leaving Lynn in so long.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Kelly and Graveman were pitched to showcase for the Cubs, along with Bummer. Kaplan apparently mentioned a few of them as possible interests.

Mastrobuoni has to be the target...just so they can try out every lousy middle infielder around the league.