2023 College Football Thread

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

It was a lot more than buying a couple burgers. It was impermissible contact during COVID and several other things.

This doesn't even include the penalties for sign stealing which will (hopefully) vacate their championship.

It was Jim telling the NCAA to eat a dick. Sign stealing isn't illegal. The NCAA changed the rule on advanced scouting in the mid aughts after the smaller schools complained they couldn't afford it.

Any advantage UM had from advanced scouting was minimal at best given teams self scout and change signs constantly. There was never any "player safety" issue that was just jealous rivals piling on out of...jealousy. 

The NCAA and CFB commishes both said UM won fair and square and was the best team. Jalen Milroe said it as well. 

When ND wins a title I'll come congratulate you guys, I won't b**** and moan about the advantages ND has in every catholic prep school in the country or make fun of you guys for dodging UM and ending the series. I'll just say "nice natty, how long has it been?".

15 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It was Jim telling the NCAA to eat a dick. Sign stealing isn't illegal. The NCAA changed the rule on advanced scouting in the mid aughts after the smaller schools complained they couldn't afford it.

Any advantage UM had from advanced scouting was minimal at best given teams self scout and change signs constantly. There was never any "player safety" issue that was just jealous rivals piling on out of...jealousy. 

The NCAA and CFB commishes both said UM won fair and square and was the best team. Jalen Milroe said it as well. 

When ND wins a title I'll come congratulate you guys, I won't b**** and moan about the advantages ND has in every catholic prep school in the country or make fun of you guys for dodging UM and ending the series. I'll just say "nice natty, how long has it been?".

There is video of Michigan's defensive coaches, standing right next to Conor Stallions, signaling a change to their defense immediately after seeing the offensive signals That's only minimal if you're delusional.

Any advantage ND has nationally is because Michigan's coach was an anti-Catholic a**hole who blackballed ND from the Big Ten back in the 1910s. Otherwise, ND would just have been another Big Ten school, so yeah, it makes sense that Michigan fans wouldn't complain about what they created.