Guess there's still a game Guardians @ Sox 610 pm

18 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Also there's no reason for Zavala to be on this team at all either. The only rational reason for him to be rostered is that he's an outstanding defensive catcher, but that really doesn't matter when your team blows. DFA him and see if Perez can be backup when we bring up Lee to hopefully replace Grandal. If we lose him, um, good for him.

Especially since we are bringing along Lee next year presumably I think there’s lots of reasons to have a tolerable defensive catcher on the roster. Especially pre arb. Unless Perez is out of options, let him hang around at Charlotte and be the first injury fillin.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Especially since we are bringing along Lee next year presumably I think there’s lots of reasons to have a tolerable defensive catcher on the roster. Especially pre arb. Unless Perez is out of options, let him hang around at Charlotte and be the first injury fillin.

Unless we think he's specifically going to teach Lee how to catch, I think he's a waste of a spot.

23 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Also there's no reason for Zavala to be on this team at all either. The only rational reason for him to be rostered is that he's an outstanding defensive catcher, but that really doesn't matter when your team blows. DFA him and see if Perez can be backup when we bring up Lee to hopefully replace Grandal. If we lose him, um, good for him.

But isn't that what you want in your backup catcher?  One less spot to fill.

2 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

But isn't that what you want in your backup catcher?  One less spot to fill.

I think finding out if Perez is worth a roster spot is of more value. Unless you think Zavala has a future with this team (I don't) then I'd rather see him catch for two months. Are we concerned we will lose Seby? That Touki might not pitch as well with Perez?

4 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I think finding out if Perez is worth a roster spot is of more value. Unless you think Zavala has a future with this team (I don't) then I'd rather see him catch for two months. Are we concerned we will lose Seby? That Touki might not pitch as well with Perez?

Who is the second catcher next year? If your answer is a free agent I will ask why you want to spend actual money on that spot.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Who is the second catcher next year? If your answer is a free agent I will ask why you want to spend actual money on that spot.

Are we worried that there's not another Seby Zavala out there for $750,000? -0.8 bWAR and a 35 OPS+?

8 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Perez has a rag arm and cannot catch. I like him as a person, but they didn't just trade for 2 catchers cuz they think Perez is the answer.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Perez has a rag arm and cannot catch. I like him as a person, but they didn't just trade for 2 catchers cuz they think Perez is the answer.

Probably not, but my overarching argument is that Seby isn't a guy that should be someone standing in the way of anything

6 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Are we worried that there's not another Seby Zavala out there for $750,000? -0.8 bWAR and a 35 OPS+?

No I’m much more expecting that we will wind up spending $5 million on Martin Maldonado for -0.6 WAR.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Trade away a good chunk of our pitching staff, then just go ahead and shut out Cleveland. You can't make this s%*# up.

My ideal plan was:

1. Fire sale for good talent

2. Smoldering remains of the White Sox start playing well cause sure

3. Win lotto

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Heads22 said:

Probably not, but my overarching argument is that Seby isn't a guy that should be someone standing in the way of anything

True. He may be the worst offensive player in MLB. However, the fact that they just gutted their entire pitching staff argues for the value of a guy who may help all their new arms break in.  Perez gives you nothing. I suspect he may be DFA if they ever need a roster spot.

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

True. He may be the worst offensive player in MLB. However, the fact that they just gutted their entire pitching staff argues for the value of a guy who may help all their new arms break in.  Perez gives you nothing. I suspect he may be DFA if they ever need a roster spot.

Are there going to be new arms of any actual value that we will break in the rest of the year outside of relievers?

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Guardians announcers saying everyone around the league has been talking about this trait or bad habit with the Sox...how they have a rep for not fighting hard or seeming like they care for each other.

This isn't a secret, I mean I was told how bad things were last year for my story this past November. There is no leadership in this clubhouse, none. Chuck and McGuffy have been saying the same thing for weeks. There is (or was) talent on the roster but no cohesion and no depth.

• Fire 1