Burger To Marlins

DirtySox

6 minutes ago, pcq said:

Jake having fun I would too.

Meanwhile, Hahn made both Burger and Tatis cry when he traded them.

Or 2/33 under 27 players with 800+ in baseball.

Still hasn't made Robert or Eloy cry lol.

Yet. 

Then he would have 4-33....which is roughly Hahn's successful FA "hit rate" historically of 16%.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

It was more when Jose Fernandez was kind of taking too many chances in his personal life and nobody tried to talk sense into him because he was The Franchise.

Fernandez was a sad ending but that was 2016. This is 2023 and the Marlins look to have a bunch of young guys and a good winning team with a good positive chemistry going on there.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Meanwhile, Hahn made both Burger and Tatis cry when he traded them.

Or 2/33 under 27 players with 800+ in baseball.

Still hasn't made Robert or Eloy cry lol.

Yet. 

Then he would have 4-33....which is roughly Hahn's successful FA "hit rate" historically of 16%.

The Cuban Connection saw how Hahn discarded Jose last season like he was trash. The only tears you will see from the core are tears of joy escaping playing another second for Jerry or Rick.

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Cuban Connection saw how Hahn discarded Jose last season like he was trash. The only tears you will see from the core are tears of joy escaping playing another second for Jerry or Rick.

Hahn's quite fortunate Liam doesn't seem like the suing/crying over spilt milk kind of guy or there might be another lawsuit filed to take away that one positive memory this year of his short-lived triumphant return to the mound.

The biggest problem with all of this is it's just more middling. They did too many trades for a "retooling" and not enough for a rebuild. No real direction just more half assing. 

And enough of this trading Burger at his peak, or because of his defense nonsense. They traded him instead of Eloy because they are too stubborn and stupid to admit failure. Instead they're doubling down on this atrocious core out of spite. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

The biggest problem with all of this is it's just more middling. They did too many trades for a "retooling" and not enough for a rebuild. No real direction just more half assing. 

And enough of this trading Burger at his peak, or because of his defense nonsense. They traded him instead of Eloy because they are too stubborn and stupid to admit failure. Instead they're doubling down on this atrocious core out of spite. 

And because they were still on the hook for $29 million to Moncada, which they are stubbornly unwilling to consider a sunk cost.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Just nicely played a short hop into a DP...applauded by former teammate and WS winner Cueto.  Early feedback is that he's much more athletic than anyone thought.

Johnny with a 4.95 ERA that came a lot cheaper than Lynn's 6+.

Marlins' broadcast just mentioned JB Shuck and Emilio Bonifacio lol...

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

The one thing I liked about Jake was he was different from White Sox prospects. These guys are almost always all the same. Saladino, Yolmer, Remilard....ultimately the same guy. Yeah he struck out too much. Yeah, he probably will never win a GG. Yeah, he could get on base more, but...he barely has 1000 plate appearances as a pro, and he's already hitting homers like few others. Chances are, unlike the typical White Sox, he wont peak until the usual time.

• Fire 1

36 minutes ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

There are waaaay too many posts lamenting the loss of Jake fucking burger.. good grief. 

Now, if he had had a great promotion at the ball park like 5 dollar burgers when he hits a HR, and that was ripped away from the fans via trade -- that would be lamentable!

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Love 1

Just over a minute in.

"We had a handful of deals that we thought were there, or close to being there, but we really felt we had to get one locked in. So at that point we decided to go with Mr. Burger. Called Kenny Williams, got that one done, in the books.... I have a pretty good relationship with Kenny."

bWVkaWEvRjJuNk5reFdRQUFDVEZHLmpwZw==

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Capn12 said:

0 for 4, 1 K and not clutch in the 9th when they needed it.

Oh, this thread is for only when he does well, maybe?

Hopefully Burger doesn't enter that Puig/Tatis territory where Caufield is so obnoxious and unlikable that you start hoping the kid fails.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

It is possible that Hahn is in Time Out until the end of the season when he will be relieved of his duties. Harold has been hinting about this. 

Hahn spoke like someone who knows he's fired Tuesday. 

Yea. Hahn's sounded like a press secretary (although, he always sounds like that). I suspect that Harold's info was accurate - sounds like he's finished.  But will KW join him?

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

Yea. Hahn's sounded like a press secretary (although, he always sounds like that). I suspect that Harold's info was accurate - sounds like he's finished.  But will KW join him?

Obviously there is now some circumstantial evidence that something is going on but with Kenny close to retirement I can't see him delaying that to get back in both feet and try to fix this disaster.

Would love to see Hahn fired but until it actually happens color me skeptical. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, baseballgalaly said:

It is possible that Hahn is in Time Out until the end of the season when he will be relieved of his duties. Harold has been hinting about this. 

Hahn spoke like someone who knows he's fired Tuesday. 

I don’t believe this. There is zero benefit or logic to keeping someone employed if you know you are going to fire someone. And if that’s how Jerry chooses to operate then he’s an even worse, brain-dead sack of meat than I thought before.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I don’t believe this. There is zero benefit or logic to keeping someone employed if you know you are going to fire someone. And if that’s how Jerry chooses to operate then he’s an even worse, brain-dead sack of meat than I thought before.

Edit: wasn't there 

Edited by baseballgalaly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1