8/3 Sox @ Rangers, 1PM, NBCSN

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Do they actually believe it when they say they think they can compete next year?

Considering their track record, I would say definitely. They will overpay for a couple of low tiered players and consider themselves championship worthy.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Is he any different than Kopech?

Yes, he is an upgrade over the worst statistical pitcher on the roster.

fWAR Starters

1. 2.4 Cease
  2. 0.9 Clevinger
  3. 0.3 Toussaint
  4. 0.1 Banks
  5. -0.6 Kopech

fWAR Relievers

1. 1.3 Santos
  2. 1.1 Bummer
  3. 0.2 Scholtens
  4. 0.1 Peralta
  5. 0.0 Padilla
  6. 0.0 Navarro
  7. -0.1 Hendriks
  8. -0.1 Shaw
  9. -0.1 Crochet
  10. -0.2 Colome
  11. -0.2 Cronin
  12. -0.4 Lambert
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, he is an upgrade over the worst statistical pitcher on the roster.

fWAR Starters

1. 2.4 Cease
  2. 0.9 Clevinger
  3. 0.3 Toussaint
  4. 0.1 Banks
  5. -0.6 Kopech

fWAR Relievers

1. 1.3 Santos
  2. 1.1 Bummer
  3. 0.2 Scholtens
  4. 0.1 Peralta
  5. 0.0 Padilla
  6. 0.0 Navarro
  7. -0.1 Hendriks
  8. -0.1 Shaw
  9. -0.1 Crochet
  10. -0.2 Colome
  11. -0.2 Cronin
  12. -0.4 Lambert

That Sale trade has really paid off

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

Just now, Capn12 said:

37 Ks for the boys, through 2 games and 6 innings.

Today is one of the worst lineups I’ve ever seen from the Sox.  Haven’t watched a second, it’s been delightful.  Hope they lose and every single asshole in the organization loses their job.

• Like 1

Its amazing to watch the Rangers and not think this could have been the White Sox. A combination of home grown talent, smart, big free agents and substantial trades to fill needs. 

They lost 94 games last year, with a good foundation and now are loaded. 

We had a foundation and never built on it. Plug and played has-beens and overvalued prospects.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, RibbieRubarb said:

Its amazing to watch the Rangers and not think this could have been the White Sox. A combination of home grown talent, smart, big free agents and substantial trades to fill needs. 

We had a foundation and never built on it. Plug and played has-beens and overvalued prospects.

Sox would struggle to hit 100 homers a season if this was their home park 

1 minute ago, RibbieRubarb said:

They refuse to make the signings required to get there. They traded away 3 prime assets for a single core of players and never supplemented them, didn't draft well, and had zero back up plan if they didn't pan out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, T R U said:

They refuse to make the signings required to get there. They traded away 3 prime assets for a single core of players and never supplemented them, didn't draft well, and had zero back up plan if they didn't pan out.

Doesn’t matter who they signed, almost all of the core guys ended up seriously underachieving outside of 1-2 seasons

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Cant wait until Oct 1 last game and this yr will be history

Of course our season ended Apr 30

And things will be better next year?  We said the same thing last year and that team would murder this team.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

And things will be better next year?  We said the same thing last year and that team would murder this team.

I am concerned that Hahn and KW will raid the farm this winter to trade for mediocre MLB players to "compete" in 2024.  

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Doesn’t matter who they signed, almost all of the core guys ended up seriously underachieving outside of 1-2 seasons

It does matter because the results they could have provided would have mattered.  Don’t tell me that if Harper was in right field the last three seasons (or dh after the elbow) that it wouldn’t have changed the entire dynamic of this team, or if they went the extra mile for wheeler or Machado or or or. That s%*# matters 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

I am concerned that Hahn and KW will raid the farm this winter to trade for mediocre MLB players to "compete" in 2024.  

Montgomery isn’t going anywhere.  Same with Schultz and Eder.  Besides that, there’s no one that I’d be concerned with them losing.  I still think they go after Salvy.