Who Are we Cheering For?

Texsox

3 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Probably the Rangers, Rays, and/or Mariners . And maybe the Orioles.

Mostly teams that haven’t won it before. Nothing from this team.

1983 ???

Brewers?

• Seattle Mariners: Never.
  • Milwaukee Brewers: 1982. The Brewers' first and most recent appearance in the World Series was in 1982 when they fell to the St. ...
  • San Diego Padres: 1998. ...
  • Colorado Rockies: 2007. ...
  • Texas Rangers: 2011. ...one out away

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Wow, if that is true, which I have no reason not to believe, then the Cubs going far in the playoffs and Jerry having to watch all the news on TV, Radio and Newspapers about the Cubs...knowing that would seriously piss him off...then I would be so rooting for the Cubs.

I wonder when Jerry made the comments, that when he attends the owner meetings, he thought some of them were so dumb and couldn't believe they ever were successful enough to buy a team, I wonder if Tom Ricketts was one of them. LOL! I could see where that would bother Jerry if the Cubs won it all again before the Sox.

The Sox could have built a stadium immersed in the neighborhood but instead demanded all the surrounding areas nuked like Nagasaki, whereas the Cubs are generating a lot of revenue beyond the ballpark. Not a huge Ricketts fan, but they hire baseball people and get out if the way, don’t micromanage, and don’t leech off of Chicago taxpayers.

Back to the topic at hand, I’ve listed the three teams I want to win in the postseason in another thread, but here they are:

Marlins - Burger, Kim

Angels - Lucas, Lopez, Ohtani & Trout

Astros - Abreu & Alvarez

Baltimore, Cincinnati and Tampa for their die hard fans.

Contending teams I do not want to win the World Series = Arizona, Atlanta, Boston, Cubs, Dodgers, Minnesota, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Texas, Toronto, Yankees.

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

1983 ???

Brewers?

• Seattle Mariners: Never.
  • Milwaukee Brewers: 1982. The Brewers' first and most recent appearance in the World Series was in 1982 when they fell to the St. ...
  • San Diego Padres: 1998. ...
  • Colorado Rockies: 2007. ...
  • Texas Rangers: 2011. ...one out away

Yeah, that’s why I said “almost” haha. Those are just the teams I’d root for that could conceivably make the playoffs and make something happen. Anyone else in the playoff picture I don’t like and wouldn’t root for. The Brewers aren’t going anywhere (nobody from either Central division is worth a crap). The Padres and Rockies are clearly not making the playoffs.

6 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Yeah, that’s why I said “almost” haha. Those are just the teams I’d root for that could conceivably make the playoffs and make something happen. Anyone else in the playoff picture I don’t like and wouldn’t root for. The Brewers aren’t going anywhere (nobody from either Central division is worth a crap). The Padres and Rockies are clearly not making the playoffs.

Not sure about that if the Padres can actually get some momentum against Dodgers...

https://www.fangraphs.com/standings/playoff-odds/fg/wc

Musgrove out at least three weeks now for shoulder...

Edited by caulfield12

17 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Not sure about that if the Padres can actually get some momentum against Dodgers...

https://www.fangraphs.com/standings/playoff-odds/fg/wc

Musgrove out at least three weeks now for shoulder...

Possibly. But I also don’t want to see them do well either. There was a time I’d absolutely pull for them, but now they seem like a bunch of cocky assholes.