Sox trade INTL $ to LAD for two RHPs

Sleepy Harold

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Any idea on what the Dodgers paid in bonus for these two guys?  I can’t find anything on the internet, so I’m guessing they were relatively cheap signings.  While this is 100% better than nothing and the guys seem semi-interesting, it’s very frustrating that we’re sitting here in August with unused funds and the best plan available is trade them to another club.  I still remain a Paddy fan and would love to see how different he would operate if not constrained by a Jerry Reinsdord led organization.

Can’t find either of the two signing bonuses…

“Martinez, a 6-foot-2, 185-pound native of Caracas, Venezuela, originally was signed by the Dodgers as an international free agent on January 15, 2021. FanGraphs previously had him ranked 31st in the Dodgers farm system in their early January prospect report.”

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PolishPrince34 said:

White Sox paid $1 million for the two players. 

It is horrifying process. I can’t stand commenting on our international operations because it’s a slow motion train wreck but if you comment on it at each step along the way you get comments like “well they applied the brakes? What’s the big deal?”

How on earth are we still underspending so much in international? When the Sox are in the big market rules, and have idiotic spending rules, you cannot afford to also misuse one of your three main talent acquisition areas, that is also already LOWER than the teams in your division.

• Like 3

On 8/4/2023 at 4:43 PM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Usually the obtaining team has a specific target in mind that they need more money to sign because they spent all their money like most teams do on other players.

This is a microcosm of how the Dodgers do things and how the White Sox do things. The right way and the wrong way.

15 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

And there you have it. I suppose this means the Sox had no interest or Hyun-Suk Jang had no interest in signing with the Sox.

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And there you have it. I suppose this means the Sox had no interest or Hyun-Suk Jang had no interest in signing with the Sox.

They likely don't even know of his existence....our last significant Korean signing was something like a decade ago.  Pretty sure we pulled our scouting coverage of the Pacific Rim due to expense.

Edited by caulfield12