Ramirez says, "Anderson disrespects the game..."

Lip Man 1

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Cleveland had every right to disrespect the White Sox last year, they won the division...the Sox talked s%*# and then fell completely on their faces. 

"We're the best team in the league!" - Tim Anderson 

It was a classless as Jerry calling Harry Caray scum in the 1983 locker room. It's a time for celebration, not for indulging in petty grievances while exposing your classless aura to the world.

Then again I'm not surprised at the vocal core here who would rather defend the disgraceful Cleveland franchise over supporting Tim Anderson and other Chicago White Sox players.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

It was a classless as Jerry calling Harry Caray scum in the 1983 locker room. This was a time for celebration, not for indulging in petty grievances while exposing your classless aura to the world.

Then again I'm not surprised at the vocal core here who would rather defend the disgraceful Cleveland franchise over supporting Tim Anderson and other Chicago White Sox players.

"Disgraceful" Cleveland franchise? WTF??? 

And if you want to try to turn this into a moral argument why should I "support" a player who has an affair and a baby not with his wife? Who is about to be suspended five  times in four years, who has a big mouth (and can't back it up) and is embarrassing the franchise?

THAT'S who I'm supposed to "support?" ?

He's a cancer, he needs to disappear from the organization.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

It’s ridiculous.  I get that TA has had a less than stellar season, but the number of “he needs to go” posts is really telling.  Some of this fan base, a large percentage even, really needs to look in the mirror and ask why it’s so easy for them to turn on TA with such a quickness.  

If TA kaboooooooms! a water cooler, then it'll be ok for him to hit around .250.

Otherwise, no dice.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Seeing people in this board race to line up behind our rival’s player in a fight is really something 

It's also something to see people defend a malcontent and think that regardless of circumstances the White Sox require unconditional loyalty.

Unconditional anything, in politics, religion, sports, relationships can be a very dangerous thing. 

And just wondering, what are you getting back from this ownership/front office for that "unconditional loyalty?"

I'll hang up and wait for the answer. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Hawk 1

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

And if you want to try to turn this into a moral argument why should I "support" a player who has an affair and a baby not with his wife? Who is about to be suspended five  times in four years, who has a big mouth (and can't back it up) and is embarrassing the franchise?

You're on record supporting Cleveland players "right to disrespect the White Sox" as they trash the White Sox on numerous occasions, including the latest with this punk waiving his finger in Tim's face. Doubt Tim or anyone else on the team is looking for your support.

11 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Seeing people in this board race to line up behind our rival’s player in a fight is really something 

Race indeed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

You're on record supporting Cleveland players "right to disrespect the White Sox" as they trash the White Sox on numerous occasions, including the latest with this punk waiving his finger in Tim's face. Doubt Tim or anyone else on the team is looking for your support.

Race indeed.

So when are you going to answer my comment about why I should "support" an adulterer among other things?

I'd like to hear the justification for doing so. 

The Sox deserved the scorn from Cleveland because they brought it on themselves. They shot their big mouths off and then fell flat on their asses.

You earn respect. Tim had everything going for him and like I was told over the winter, "The Sox gave him the keys to the car and he drove it right off the cliff."

I have to "support" an idiot? Just because he wears a White Sox uniform?

TA doesn't owe me s%*# but he does owe the organization that is paying him millions of dollars to respect it, respect his teammates, respect the game and by proxy respect the city named on his uniform. Instead you get what I've already listed on and off the field.

He's the "face of the franchise"...LOL. Yea it completely fits with the complete and total incompetence, dysfunction and ineptness. 

And if you remember last night I posted that given his injury earlier this year I could understand why he'd get upset with Ramirez slightly pushing his leg but it didn't look like it was a big deal.

Later I read where he was shooting his mouth off earlier in the game and the umpire told him to shut up.

Again I'm supposed to "support" this without question at all times?

?

I'm supposed to "support" and "defend" Anderson but yet somehow it's OK to rip on Clevinger? (And I'm not for a moment defending what he is alleged to have done) What's the difference? They are both embarrassments. 

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • TLR 1

Just now, cuban_sammiches said:

TA is not producing (and hasn't since  2021). So he is a lightning rod for a lot of fan frustration with ownership/management. For me, it started with the TLR signing. Fans didn't want him and made that known but ownership basically said "f*ck you" to the fans. Ownership positioned  TA to be the face of the franchise, family man, Jackie Robinson 2.0 and he is a clown at this point. 

An additional thought on this issue.

When you think about it, it really doesn't matter if Anderson was "wrong" or "right" with what happened Saturday.

It's the fact that yet again he was involved in a situation.

Again.

After the first half dozen times a pattern starts to form doesn't it?

The off the field drama, the suspensions, the controversies, the comments which many consider arrogant.

For whatever reason or reasons he can't stay away from situations and incidents.

They may not be all his fault but at the very least he helps them along. He simply can't help himself and that's why they are going to continue as long as he is with this organization. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

When you think about it, it really doesn't matter if Anderson was "wrong" or "right" with what happened Saturday.

Again.

The off the field drama, the suspensions, the controversies, the comments which many consider arrogant.

For whatever reason or reasons he can't stay away from situations and incidents.

They may not be all his fault but at the very least he helps them along. He simply can't help himself and that's why they are going to continue as long as he is with this organization. 

Not to mention his .576 OPS and -1.6 bWAR. I'm starting to wonder if he has mental health issues. He's a different guy than he was 3 or 4 years ago. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

So when are you going to answer my comment about why I should "support" an adulterer among other things?

The Sox deserved the scorn from Cleveland because they brought it on themselves. They shot their big mouths off and then fell flat on their asses.

You earn respect. Tim had everything going for him and like I was told over the winter, "The Sox gave him the keys to the car and he drove it right off the cliff."

TA doesn't owe me s%*# but he does owe the organization that is paying him millions of dollars to respect it, respect his teammates, respect the game and by proxy respect the city named on his uniform. Instead you get what I've already listed on and off the field.

He's the "face of the franchise"...LOL. Yea it completely fits with the complete and total incompetence, dysfunction and ineptness. 

And if you remember last night I posted that given his injury earlier this year I could understand why he'd get upset with Ramirez slightly pushing his leg but it didn't look like it was a big deal.

Later I read where he was shooting his mouth off earlier in the game and the umpire told him to shut up.

?

I'm supposed to "support" and "defend" Anderson but yet somehow it's OK to rip on Clevinger? (And I'm not for a moment defending what he is alleged to have done) What's the difference? They are both embarrassments. 

If an adulterer is your line of morality you should really stop watching sports all together then. There aren’t many guys your delicate self could possibly root for 

• Like 1

To be honest you shouldn’t be this concerned about Tim’s personal life.  If you want to dislike him for his play on the field and incidents, whatever.  His life is his life and he has to deal with it, and you shouldn’t bring it up every time you wanna b**** about him, it’s dumb 

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

My main issue at this point would be with his shi**y boxing skills. i have always liked Tim. If Tim has a beef in my view it is that he is usually the only AA guy on the roster.

• Like 1

?

You won't support Anderson because he cheats on his wife? Does that mean you would not have been a fan of Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Michael Jordan and Brian Urlacher? All these  players cheated on their wives.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

To be honest you shouldn’t be this concerned about Tim’s personal life.  If you want to dislike him for his play on the field and incidents, whatever.  His life is his life and he has to deal with it, and you shouldn’t bring it up every time you wanna b**** about him, it’s dumb 

Well Kyle, you see, according to Jose Ramirez — a man with a $140 million contract — TA is putting their ability to provide for their families at risk.

• Fire 1

32 minutes ago, Quin said:

Well Kyle, you see, according to Jose Ramirez — a man with a $140 million contract — TA is putting their ability to provide for their families at risk.

Francona said Anderson had been chirping at first baseman Gabriel Arias all night. And after his actions caused so much frustration in Cleveland’s clubhouse the night before, the Guardians had no interest in hearing more from the shortstop.

“I know that Anderson was yelling at Arias because the umpire went and told him to knock it off,” Francona said. “[Anderson] said some things he probably shouldn’t have.”

mlb.com

So exactly who should be defending/protecting two rookies on the Guardians from a well-known vet on another team?

Francona?  He's rich, too...relatively speaking.

The umpires failed to control things.

10 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

It’s ridiculous.  I get that TA has had a less than stellar season, but the number of “he needs to go” posts is really telling.  Some of this fan base, a large percentage even, really needs to look in the mirror and ask why it’s so easy for them to turn on TA with such a quickness.  

It’s because he’s a Grade A a—hole.  That’s why it’s so easy.  Very easy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Again.

Yeah he’s more Milton Bradley than Jackie Robinson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

You won't support Anderson because he cheats on his wife? Does that mean you would not have been a fan of Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Michael Jordan and Brian Urlacher? All these  players cheated on their wives.

Extremely classy, All-American Boy Mickey Mantle? No way.

And lest we forget Bartolo Colon, who had a whole secret family. But hey, he hit a home run as a fat pitcher!

• Fire 1

Ramirez needs to take a look toward first base and observe that tub of s%*# Naylor when he talks about TA disrespecting the game.  That being said, TA was itching for a fight.  He threw his s%*# down hockey-fight style...and then got put on his ass.

TA's problem is that he's disrespected himself.  His off-field issues have obviously taken a toll on him mentally and emotionally.  He's a shell of the player he used to be.  Now, he's gone all Antonio Brown on Twitter.  I don't know if Tim will ever be the player he was and we thought he was going to be.  He needs to get his head on straight and come back in 2024 ready to play baseball and stop being a distraction to himself and the team.

And to hell with Jose Ramirez.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

It's been a rough week for the TA fanboys. 

The fact that TA is sleeping around isn't a big deal. It becomes something though when his supporters are citing off the field issue for his terrible play. Seems a bit convenient. 

It becomes something when every knucklehead wants to bang that drum like it's why he's playing like s%*#.

He's playing like s%*# because he's an athletic shortstop who relied on his legs to be a star player and got punched in the fucking knee by a Twins player because Hanser Alberto couldn't field a ball. This follows injuries he had last year. That s%*# piles up.

He and the Sox (who can't properly manage an injury to save their lives) deserve all the smoke for that.

Seems a bit convenient when you make up arguments in your head that you're able to win against. 

• Fire 1