Riordan: Physical altercation between TA and Grandal before AS break

GGajewski18

Just a reminder of who was helping Tim get off the field when he was all wobbly legged.  It was Grandal who got him back into the dugout.

Grandal also had words with Donaldson in Yankees stadium last year at home plate  after the Donaldson and Anderson altercation at 3rd base at Guaranteed Rate field.

Earlier Anderson and Donaldson were talking before Grandal and Donaldson started  at home plate. https://streamable.com/ryc0xc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Part of being a good modern 21st century org is also figuring out how the f*** you integrate every highly paid asset's personality into your club. 

This is another thing the Sox blow chunks at. We've had so many guys b**** and moan while here, and while each individual case is different we've had so many consecutively that it's a pattern beyond the individuals it's an org wide failing to keep our guys happy and content. 

Not one single racial or ethnic group either. Pretty much all 'em have had beef with the Sox or beef with a team mate or beef with showing up and doing their job. We've got Sale tearing up jerseys, we've got TA moping, Kopech getting into it with fans, Moncada half assing it and frequently forgetting the situation, or Eloy, or the list goes on and on.

Hire some damn performance experts!

Solution: only Hindu players from now on. They don’t have beef with anyone.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GreenSox said:

Why not let TA play some OF - a change of scenery; it could put his mind on other things and help him get his head  squared away

He's so athletic that he'd probably be darn good one.

I've always wished that TA was an outfielder, with his speed and arm.

• Like 2

On 8/7/2023 at 2:33 PM, flavum said:

Grandal wasn’t in the lineup the day before the break, so he wanted to leave. Grandal went in the clubhouse. TA said he’d take him to the airport himself. Grandal slapped TA across the face. TA goes 0-5x

I only heard this briefly mentioned on the Score, but did the producer who reported this have more than 1 source? Have any other reporters independently verified that this happened?

I'm not suggesting it didn't happen, but I would question it "Journalistic standards" ? were not folloowed, especially by that station.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, spiderman said:

I only heard this briefly mentioned on the Score, but did the producer who reported this have more than 1 source? Have any other reporters independently verified that this happened?

I'm not suggesting it didn't happen, but I would question it "Journalistic standards" ? were not folloowed, especially by that station.

I missed their follow up coverage on Clevenger when the MLB cleared him.

3 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

They are back to calling Clevenger names and said that MLB only cleared him because the wife/girlfriend only wanted him to get help (which he voluntarily agreed to do), but they are not shy in calling him a horrible person,e etc.

I still think their main issue with him is that he broke Covid rules. They keep suggesting that, even outside of the abuse accusations, that they should have known what a bad teammate/person he was, and this was well known, but they can only point to him breaking covid protocol in 2020; they have never mentioned what else would make him a bad teammate.

4 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

MLB didn’t “clear” anything. They simply decided not to suspend him and concluded their investigation without comment.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-announces-completion-of-mike-clevinger-investigation

Would wager if there were extra zeros on his deal like Bauer’s, there would have been a different outcome.

• Thanks 1