Sox Acquire Tyler Naquin

Bob Sacamano

8 hours ago, GreenSox said:

He'll be up, if Trayce falters (or continues to falter).  
As Pedro said during his bizarre interview with MLB radio, this is not the time for player development.
The schedule sets up for them to get a lot of wins the last 2 months.

He said this is not the time for player development??

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He said this is not the time for player development??

It was a strange interview. Steve Phillips was asking him basically what went wrong considering the Sox were able to trade 6or 7  players and teams had interest in several others. Grifol gave the standard “I’m not making excuses, but” and then blamed injuries and the difficult schedule; and then not responding well to the poor start. Phillips then asked if he would use the last 2 months to develop young players and he said that he was trying to win games, not develop players; they develop in the minors.

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

It was a strange interview. Steve Phillips was asking him basically what went wrong considering the Sox were able to trade 6or 7  players and teams had interest in several others. Grifol gave the standard “I’m not making excuses, but” and then blamed injuries and the difficult schedule; and then not responding well to the poor start. Phillips then asked if he would use the last 2 months to develop young players and he said that he was trying to win games, not develop players; they develop in the minors.

He’s easily one of the worst managers in baseball the last few decades.  On and off the field, he just flat out sucks.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He’s easily one of the worst managers in baseball the last few decades.  On and off the field, he just flat out sucks.

You have to think he's under pressure from Hahn not to lose over 100 games because that would be embarrassing to Hahn again...and the fact that publicly rooting for losses to get a #1 pick doesn't really align with selling your fans you're going to have a competitive team in 2024.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GreenSox said:

That’s the stupidest s%*# I have ever heard in my life and Grifol should be fired on the spot for saying such crap.  And Hahn should be fired on the spot for still having Grandal & Andrus on this roster.  Zero reason the entire organization isn’t getting young guys with uncertain futures lots of playing time.  What a fucking clown show these guys are.