Sox vs Yanks, Game 2, 7:10 PM

oldsox

Only good thing tonight beyond Robert's HR and Cronin was paid attendance was under 26,500 for this "premium" game.

Based on a search of the Milwaukee game tickets, it looks like they will not break 30,000 the rest of the season.

If Hahn works for the White Sox in November 2023, attendance will absolutely crater next season.

• Fire 1

Mini mystery from last night's attendance....after Kiner-Falefa hit his RBI double, a particularly loud mouthed Yankee fan stood up screaming "do you see that George? DO YOU SEE THAT GEORGE?"

Anyone have any idea what he's talking about? George Castanza??

2 hours ago, wegner said:

Some stuff was $5 that I saw

In fairness, some teams do restrict discounts on certain prime opponents. I know for years, Tampa Bay restricted Red Sox, Yankees and Dodger home games. That happened when those teams had a ton more fans than the Ray could draw. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Only good thing tonight beyond Robert's HR and Cronin was paid attendance was under 26,500 for this "premium" game.

Based on a search of the Milwaukee game tickets, it looks like they will not break 30,000 the rest of the season.

If Hahn works for the White Sox in November 2023, attendance will absolutely crater next season.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Another great offensive game strategy from the Sox.

- Swing at pitches outside the zone for 13 K's

- Have a lack of plate discipline and draw only one walk.

- Hit 8 groundballs, of which 7 are groundouts.

- Once again, the only run produced comes from the only position player on this team that is a legitimate ML all-star.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

1 hour ago, Jerry McNertney said:

The two teams combined for 30 strikeoutsi in a nine inning game. That's ridiculous.

That could be why both teams are at the bottom of their divisions.....lack of plate discipline.

Successful teams learn how to work the count to their advantage, although the ump had a particularly large strike zone last night.

download.jpg

16 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Although, the 0-11 record when we strike out more than 14 opposing batters is baffling.  Any thought why?

A combination of a terrible offense that doesn't score a lot and a pitching staff that gives up big innings. 

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Although, the 0-11 record when we strike out more than 14 opposing batters is baffling.  Any thought why?

I think Sox hitters are pretty bad and on evenings there's a big strike zone, they are even worse.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I think Sox hitters are pretty bad and on evenings there's a big strike zone, they are even worse.

Excellent point.

I wonder if there isn’t also a “boredom” factor. If guys in the field aren’t active, their minds wander and that Carrie’s over to the plate.

3 hours ago, SCCWS said:

In fairness, some teams do restrict discounts on certain prime opponents. I know for years, Tampa Bay restricted Red Sox, Yankees and Dodger home games. That happened when those teams had a ton more fans than the Ray could draw. 

Absolutely had $5 beer, hot dogs, pizza which I enjoyed last night, which is the normal promotion.   Was only the Cubs game where that did not happen.

3 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

So glad Hahn chose to draft Gavin Sheets in 2017 on the round 2 with the #49 overall pick, when we already had Jose Abreu handling 1B/DH in his prime, putting up all-star numbers.

I'm so over Sheets. He's clueless at the plate. That swing at first base stuff and a ground out or weak pop is really annoying. I once thought he'd be something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

A combination of a terrible offense that doesn't score a lot and a pitching staff that gives up big innings. 

Lots of strikeout pitchers throw high in the zone and give up a ton of flyouts and homers like Cease Lynn Kopech.

Giolito usually gets killed on location/command but lacks the pure stuff fastball velo wise to blow people away...but still gets lots of Ks mixing FB and change.

Bullpen has great stuff but no idea where it's going half the time...but had highest average FB in baseball until two weeks ago.  Just making contact half the battle when pitchers throw that hard.

And then there's the home stadium in the summer with a number of cheapies going out.