Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why not fire Grifol and install Sizemore?  Get a preview of how handles the job for three to four months and see if there is any chance he can be the guy.  It’s going to be hard to convince a quality manager to come here so need to be a bit creative and should take advantage of this lost season.

Yeah why not.

• Like 1

I am team Sergio Santos. Also, they need to find a Brian Bannister for hitting. You look at how smart teams like the Brewers improve their scrap heap guys and you think the Sox have got to be better.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I'd personally go with Jirschelle. Let him make some mistakes, and have some growing pains. Make sure he isn't Pedro Jr. when the team has the horses to win.

For the record one of the things held against Pedro is that the Royals passes on hiring him twice.   The Sox have passed on Jirschelle at least twice now.  Three times if you count Ricky's hire.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

For the record one of the things held against Pedro is that the Royals passes on hiring him twice.   The Sox have passed on Jirschelle at least twice now.  Three times if you count Ricky's hire.

He is 33 years old.  The next hire would be the first where I would say they passed on him.  Maybe they didn't think he was ready to win in this window. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Everyone on Twitter/X is saying this is Pedro's burner. All I did was follow the account and got blocked, LOL.

*Update* Now the account is limiting who can view their posts, lol.

image.png

Edited by DaGame

5 minutes ago, DaGame said:

Everyone on Twitter/X is saying this is Pedro's burner. All I did was follow the account and got blocked, LOL.

*Update* Now the account is limiting who can view their posts, lol.

image.png

The account is still public, but I am pretty sure that isn't him.  It might be someone close to him, but one of the racial posts doesn't make sense.  Plus this.

image.pngimage.png

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

The account is still public, but I am pretty sure that isn't him.  It might be someone close to him, but one of the racial posts doesn't make sense.  Plus this.

image.png

He also seems to really like WSMIke, which probably is more telling as to who he is than anything.

• Haha 1

“I feel fortunate that I work for an owner like Jerry,” Grifol said Wednesday before a 3-1 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays at Guaranteed Rate Field. “I just think that he’s been in this game for 44-45 years, and he’s a baseball guy. I’m fortunate to have the opportunity to work for him and wear this uniform with them. So I’m grateful to be here.”

39 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

“I feel fortunate that I work for an owner like Jerry,” Grifol said Wednesday before a 3-1 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays at Guaranteed Rate Field. “I just think that he’s been in this game for 44-45 years, and he’s a baseball guy. I’m fortunate to have the opportunity to work for him and wear this uniform with them. So I’m grateful to be here.”

Don't think I've ever seen a guy yet alone a manager kiss so much ass like this guy.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Of course he's grateful, no other team would hire him as manager not even the Royals!

• Like 1

Among the negatives surrounding the White Sox, there are a couple of eye-openers.

First, Andrew Benintendi -- a career .271 hitter and a fine outfielder and baserunner in a nine-year major league career for four teams -- is the worst player in baseball in 2024 when it comes to wins above replacement, according to Fangraphs WAR (-1.7).

Then, the White Sox just suffered their first winless homestand of seven games or more in franchise history -- and this is a franchise that dates to 1901. They've lost eight straight and 12 of the past 13.

Chicago manager Pedro Grifol didn't have much analysis after the White Sox's 3-1 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays on Wednesday dropped the team to 15-42.

"Fifteen and forty-whatever is tough," Grifol said. "I don't break it down that much to 0-7, the first one in history ... I break it down that today we didn't win a baseball game."

cbssports.com

On 5/30/2024 at 12:02 PM, southsider2k5 said:

But it would take someone a year to understand the organization . . . Lol

The best hope is JR somehow loses interest in the organization and turns over the chairmanship to someone, anyone else. Hire a had of baseball operations from outside the organization and empty the offices. Move the offices, get rid of all the old stuff and move on. Then allow them to hire a manager. 

On 6/1/2024 at 12:31 AM, caulfield12 said:

"...I break it down that today we didn't win a baseball game."

cbssports.com

Pedro taking things day by day.  Put the past behind you.

Leadership.